Skip navigation
Iggy707
Currently Being Moderated

After enabling iGPU on Sandybridge to run a second monitor, After Effects crashes at startup

Sep 20, 2012 11:06 PM

After attempting to start up, I this error message:

aeerror2.PNG

Followed by this one:

aeerror1.PNG

I decided to try starting Photoshop to see if it would still start, and it did, but I received this error:

pserror1.PNG

Basically, the entire purpose of this second monitor was for doing AE work, so not using it is not an acceptable way for me to get around this problem. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to fix this issue without having to disable the iGPU, I'd like at least some starting point.

The version is AE CS6 running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2012 11:30 PM   in reply to Iggy707

Display driver problems. We don't know what kind of graphics card you're using, but it's either got the wrong drivers or it's not supported. More system information please. Also make sure that you've run the updates for CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 11:59 PM   in reply to Iggy707

Yes, you nailed the problem. Simply turn it off in the BIOS/ EFI.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 12:20 AM   in reply to Iggy707

Well, you have to decide which is more important to you. I would assume it's not an issue either way, though. I'm sure your AMD chip will happily feed the secondary PCI lane and the secondary monitor output when the iGPU is turned off. It will just require to push the right buttons in the BIOS and the AMD driver. I'm reasonably sure of that....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points