Skip navigation
Hansdad
Currently Being Moderated

Hi. I have Lightroom 4 working well on my desktop & laptop, but I also have a macbook air. Do I have

Sep 21, 2012 3:43 AM

Tags: #lightroom #4

Hi. I have Lightroom 4 working well on my desktop & laptop, but I also have a macbook air. Do I have to buy a new lightroom 4 to work with my macbook air or is there a way I can get my current version to work with it? Thanks

Replies
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2012 3:54 AM   in reply to Hansdad

The license agreement allows for 2 computers, so you could remove it from one of the others and still comply with the license.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to Hansdad

Regardless of the licensing agreement, it's likely that your serial isn't going to work on on your Mac if your desktop and Laptop are Windows based.

I suggest trying it and find out. If it doesn't then you will have to contact Adobe and they might be able to give you a reduced cost license for the Mac.

If it does work, I'll leave it up to your morals as to whether to uninstall it from one of the other two.....

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to AFreeman1980

AFreeman1980 wrote:

Regardless of the licensing agreement, it's likely that your serial isn't going to work on on your Mac if your desktop and Laptop are Windows based.

Not true. The serial numbers are valid for both platforms.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to AFreeman1980

AFreeman1980 wrote:

Unlike the actual application, the serial number is cross-platform, so you can install on a Mac and a PC and use the same serial number.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points