Skip navigation
ocroquette
Currently Being Moderated

UI: Colors for selection (shades of grey)

Sep 20, 2012 2:08 AM

Tags: #selection #gray #grey #ui #shades

Hi !

Lightroom has three different levels of selection (not selected, selected, most selected) and represents this state with  different colors of grey. This looks like a very poor choice to me, because they are very difficult to differenciate.

For instance, it's very difficult to identify the beginning or the end of a long selection when scrolling, because everything looks just grey.

Is there a way to change the colors for the 3 states ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2012 5:12 AM   in reply to ocroquette

Hi!

I don't think there is a way to change that behavior of lightroom in the settings but this is the place to post your suggestion:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/ideas/recent

Maybe somebody already posted a similar request and you can add your vote.

BTW: I like your the idea to have a better indication which one is selected and "most" seletced!

Oli

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 2:19 AM   in reply to ocroquette

I think you missed the right spot. Post ist under "Ideas" not "Problems".

Oli

Am 20.09.2012 um 20:07 schrieb ocroquette <forums@adobe.com>:

Re: UI: Colors for selection (shades of grey)

created by ocroquette in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Thanks. I couldn't find an existing request so that I created a new one:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/shades_of_grey_f or_different_selection_states_are_not_different_enough

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4714185#4714185

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: UI: Colors for selection (shades of grey)

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: UI: Colors for selection (shades of grey). In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Sep 21, 2012 4:11 AM   in reply to C-OW

C-OW wrote:

Post ist under "Ideas" not "Problems".

No issue, I've swapped it to an idea.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 5:19 AM   in reply to ocroquette

Even though it bugs you I would consider it a feature, not a bug. So therefore I would post it as an idea for a future improvement of the UI.

Oli

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 6:09 AM   in reply to ocroquette

You're right.

I've seen a couple "Problems" classified by Adobe as "Not a problem" if they're not bugs. Anyways, let's stop here

We'll see...

Oli

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Sep 21, 2012 6:47 AM   in reply to ocroquette

ocroquette wrote:

I don't know what's the difference between ideas and issues on the feedback site. If issues get more priority than ideas, I would definitely like to keep it an issue.

As a rule of thumb, if it's currently working as the designers intended, it's usually classed as a feature request.  If it was supposed to work a certain way and it's not, it's a bug.  I wouldn't worry too much about the semantics though.  I switched it so it was tracked in a way that gave it the best chance possible, that's all.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points