Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where is Dreamweaver's new Insert panel?

Sep 21, 2012 8:56 AM

Hi,

I just removed Dreamweaver CS6 and reinstalled it (Windows, ver. 12 rel. 5808) from Creative Cloud, in hopes of finding the new Insert panel with Media/HTLM Video option just announced in this video:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-web/drea mweaver-cs6-update-for-creative-cloud-members/

Unfortunately that revision isn't present in the latest download.

Will this revision apply to both  Win and Mac?  When will it actually be available?

Also... sometimes CC notifies me that updates are available for certain CS6 apps and allows them to be downloaded and installed.

Does this happen with all updates?  HOw quickly?  Manual removal and reinstallation is such a drag!

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to wbaafs

Try going to Help > Updates within Dreamweaver CS6, that will launch Adobe Application Manager in a different way for updates. In there you can set preferences for automatically checking for updates for individual programs and how you are notified of updates. I show a newer build that what you listed 5848, so I think there is an update you need to install.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2012 8:08 PM   in reply to wbaafs

I am having this exact same problem with the update not displaying a new insert panel as it should pictured below.  I still have my original insert options which do NOT include HTML5 or Edge.  Is the only and best solution to reinstall?  My HTML5 video are not loading on any browser when I insert by code or Kaltura widget.  I was excited to see this update in hopes my issue would be resolved.  To no avail.  Please help!

insert panel update.JPG

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points