Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 10 AVI file with MJPG CODEC

Sep 20, 2012 6:42 PM

I am working on a project in PE 10 with video clips exported from MPEG Streamclip as AVI files.  They are sports highlight clips of about 20 seconds each.  I've been doing projects like these for years and have had no problems since my last post here in 2009. 

After importing 30 clips to PE 10, editing the clips down, adding a highlight circle to each clip, and adding titles, I realized I wasn't getting any audio from these clips.  I thought that was strange but added some background music which I thought would be fine.  But the high schooler who I'm doing this for would like the game audio, so....

I began investigating here.  I opened GSpot and found that these files use the MJPG Codec and that the Codec is installed.  So I rendered the files (using 5 clips instead of all 30 just to see if this worked first) and the audio plays in the small window.  (I also looked at some clips from projects I've done with audio in GSpot to see what Codec they used, which was DivX.) 

But in PE 10 I'm still not getting audio.  Is there something I can do to the video clips, or the project settings in PE 10 to get the audio back?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2012 8:41 PM   in reply to Susan Verner

I don't use MJPEG, but I did save a previous discussion link that may (or may not) help http://forums.adobe.com/thread/730396

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to John T Smith

What settings are you using when you export your files from MPEG Streamclip?

Unless you're using the settings listed in our FAQ, you won't get good results in Premiere Elements.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415317?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to Susan Verner

I don't know. I don't think so. What are the specs of the audio on these clips? (You should be able to see this if you open the files in G Spot or Media Info, both free downloads.)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to Susan Verner

What happens if you give the program a couple of minutes to conform the file?

This should work. I don't know why it wouldn't.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to Susan Verner

I am with Steve on the Conforming of the Audio. This can take a moment, depending on the original Audio CODEC, the Sample-Rate and Bit-Depth, the Duration and the speed of one's computer. This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/726693?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 9:26 AM   in reply to Susan Verner

What happens if you start a completely new project, with the new files?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points