Skip navigation
esseval92
Currently Being Moderated

YouTube Flash Player Problem in Safari iMac

Sep 18, 2012 5:25 PM

Tags: #error #adobe #youtube #safari #crash

YouTube Flash Player Problem in Safari iMac: I've been having a problem playing videos on YouTube for some time. The problem started since I got my iMac, which had Lion OSX. After upgrading to Mountain Lion, the problem seemed to have been fixed, but has recently appeared again. Videos stop playing and controls seem not to work when I click on the screen. Current software is: OS X 10.8.1, and Flash version is: 11,4,402,265. Here's a video of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=390cgPLrme8

Thanks.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Sep 21, 2012 3:31 PM   in reply to esseval92

Thanks for posting this.  This is definitely strange behavior, and not something I've seen before.  It's almost like the different tabs are being constantly cycled.

Have you tried this on Firefox or Chrome to see if it's Safari specific?  Also, could you go to Safari's help->Installed Plugins menu and copy/paste the contents of the page that is displayed to a forum reply?  Maybe something is installed that is conflicting with Flash.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Sep 26, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to esseval92

Thanks for posting the page.  Do you have to specifically bring up the settings dialog (the white dialog that is constantly flashing) or does this come up automatically when HD video is displayed?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Oct 1, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to esseval92

Thanks.  I've forwarded this to our video team but I'd like to have you add a bug report on this when you have a few minutes.  Please visit http://bugbase.adobe.com and give us a brief description of the problem.  Please reference this post and your youtube screen recording.  Finally, it might be useful to get your system profile info attached to the bug.  Please see this page for details.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main _For_Mac_OS_users

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Oct 3, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Some additional questions from our video team:

Does this only happen with HD video?  If you lower the resolution, does it work?  How does your CPU usage look when this is occurring?  This behavior looks like a keyboard focus issue, does the cycling stop if you hit a key (space, tab, etc)?  Finally, what version of Safari are you using?  Have you seen this happen in Firefox or Chrome?

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Oct 5, 2012 4:17 PM   in reply to esseval92

Thanks for the updated video.  Does this only happen when you are waiting for the video buffer to catch up?  Will this occur if video is playing properly?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Oct 8, 2012 4:43 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Also, can you bring up the "show video info" overlay when right clicking a video in youtube?  Would you mind taking a screenshot (or another video) when this overlay is visible and the problem is occurring?

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points