• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro will not start

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Acrobat X Pro from CS6 DVD onto Win7 computer. All other programs run fine but Acrobat will not start. Clicking on the Desktop Shortcut or in the Start Menu, nothing happens. PDF files will not open. Had Adobe Reader on the computer when I installed CS6 and that opened PDF files instead of Acrobat X Pro. I uninstalled Reader in hopes Acrobat would start, but it doesn't. Just installed the latest updates and still nothing. Tried Repair in the Uninstall program but still doesn't start. Do I need to Uninstall Acrobat X Pro and reinstall from the DVD?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Have you checked your task bar for any "invisible" windows producing any buttons there? This strikes me as a case of the license agreement being drawn invisibly/ off screen and since you never confirm itr, Acro won't start. Perhaps resetting your graphics config might help, in case you e.g. had a 2 monito setup, but removed one of the monitors. Otehr than that this could be anything from UAC to security tools blocking stuff.... We realyl cannot know and a reinstall likely won't fix that particul

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your task bar for any "invisible" windows producing any buttons there? This strikes me as a case of the license agreement being drawn invisibly/ off screen and since you never confirm itr, Acro won't start. Perhaps resetting your graphics config might help, in case you e.g. had a 2 monito setup, but removed one of the monitors. Otehr than that this could be anything from UAC to security tools blocking stuff.... We realyl cannot know and a reinstall likely won't fix that particular issue, either.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am new to these discussions and didn't see all the prior posts on this issue. Apparently a common problem with solutions posted. Thank you anyway for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines