Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhoneGap Build:Cannot Connect to Server Dreamweaver CS6

Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could fix this problem, Im having, i have Dreamweaver cs6 on a mac, And im trying to login to phonegap build in dreamweaver, but everytime i try, it tells me that it cannot connect to the servers, plz try again later, is this a known problem?

thanks,

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Be sure you have installed the latest updates for your Adobe CS6 software. Go to Help > Updates to ensure you have the latest. One in particular that you need to install is for CSXS, although I do not recall the exact name of it.

After updating, restart your computer to ensure the associated background services are refreshed.

If it's still not working then, there are a couple of log files we would want to check what is going on at your end. These are called "init_status.txt" and "auth_status.txt"

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathan,

I had the same problem a month ago.  Here is the post:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4472028#4472028

I haven't been able to find a solution and never got a response from Adobe.   

- Loren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure you have installed the latest updates for your Adobe CS6 software. Go to Help > Updates to ensure you have the latest. One in particular that you need to install is for CSXS, although I do not recall the exact name of it.

After updating, restart your computer to ensure the associated background services are refreshed.

If it's still not working then, there are a couple of log files we would want to check what is going on at your end. These are called "init_status.txt" and "auth_status.txt" and are found in a folder called "PGB" in /Users/<YOUR USER NAME>/Library/Application Support/Adobe on Mac OS, or C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carey,

I checked on updates and there were two:

Speed Grade CS6 6.0.1

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 2.0.2

I've updated CS6, restarted, but had the same error.

I've searched for the two files you mention and I do not have the PGB folder or the files on my computer. 

What should I try next?

Thanks for trying to help out with this.  I have notice that I am not the only one experiencing this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the build? Mine is over the 10 meg limit set by phonegap. I was going to try a smaller build size to see if that was the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its about 9meg but i started using phonegap build by syncing my dreamweaver folder to a github repository

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not able to connect from within Dreamweaver, have you tried logging into PBG directly?

https://build.phonegap.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can login to build just fine, but whenever i try in dreamweaver i always get: "we are currently having server problems"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can build using github and PGB directly (i.e., not using CS6).    That's not really a solution though as a major consideration in upgrading to CS6 was this feature.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that you can log in directly.

Can you check for the log files I mentioned above?

The logs should help us identify why it's failing for you.

Let me know if you have any difficulty locating these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem.

Can manually login at the PGB-website but not with DW CS6.

The files init_status.txt and auth_status.txt doesn't exist on my system, just the file auth_token.txt with the same content as bepongchris reported.

The size limit is not the problem as this already happens when trying to login not when uploading a build. And of course I tested with a tiny test site.

I am still stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. So please, ADOBE, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m facing same problom after login please help ????

look @ this issues

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did u check that your files were not hidden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but it helped me move along with my project.

I was having the issue "Looks like we are having some server issues... etc.".

I read that there is a size limit of 10 mb. Which could be tough to work with for some people. This includes EVERYTHING in your site directory, so if you're keeping some photoshop files in an "images" directory or something, it will try to upload those as well, and fail. I removed everything except the necessaties from my site directory, and it created a new Phonegap project without any problems.

Hope that helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have a phonegap account and it's linked to the Adobe account;
  2. Logging in phonegap.com and compiling my apps in their website, works just fine;
  3. I have always Dreamweaver signed in to the Adobe account;
  4. Here are the content of my files:

init_status.txt:   {"message": "Failed to upload application. Unable to create zip file. Reason: null","error": 404}

auth_status.txt:    {"statusCode": 200,"statusMessage": "Authenticated"}

Hope this helps you help us.

I just want to say that this was THE feature that made me buy CS6 in the first place, and it's not working as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Dreamweaver are you using? Go to Help – About Dreamweaver and provide us the Dw version and build number.

If you are not on latest version please click on “Help – Updates” and update Dw to latest version. (12.0.3 or 12.2 are must for PGB)

login to https://build.phonegap.com/ and try to build an app directly here. Let us know if you are able to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have done everything and still can't connect.

I was about to purchase Dreamweaver CC but if this is not working I'm not doing it.

Also a support team guy has redirect me to this forum, but no luck solving the problem.

I can't connect to Phonegap Builder, when I indicate email and password it keeps thinking for a couple of minutes and then "temporary errors on the servers"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Dreamweaver CC

Login to PhoneGap website : https://build.phonegap.com : ok

Login PhoneGap with Dreamweaver : not ok

I have same error message : "temporary errors on the servers"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am asking around. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, you cannot build apps using phonegap if your root folder name contains high ASCII or double byte characters. On trying to use such folders, phonegap throws the error "Looks like we are having server trouble. Please try again".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried on c:\test

Same bug..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please share your "PGB" folder which is present in the below location ?

/Users/<YOUR USER NAME>/Library/Application Support/Adobe on Mac OS, or C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This folder is empty...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines