Skip navigation
Nimpe8
Currently Being Moderated

Blend tool isn't sticking to its shape

Sep 22, 2012 8:13 AM

Hello, I have been having issues with using the blend tool on my object. If you look at the picture, I had one outer shape that was what I wanted shaded and a thinner shape that runs inside the other. It blends perfectly fine everywhere except at the bottom. I don't know how to explain it or what went wrong but I can't figure out how to make the blend fit inside the shape.

http://i50.tinypic.com/35mno1j.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 22, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to Nimpe8

Try to have the same number of anchors on the inner and outer shapes.

I’m not sure why the space between the legs on your drawing fills in.

Are you sure that both paths are closed? To be sure, do a Pathfinder (panel) Unite on each of them.

When you use the Blend tool be sure to click on corresponding anchors on each path.

If you have an unequal number of anchors on the paths, try just direct selecting the anchors that matter on each path prior to using the Blend tool.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to Steve Fairbairn

I believe if you eperiment and eliminate of the points at the bootom of the inner or outer path you can eliminate that problem.

You just have ti find thed right one.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 9:01 AM   in reply to Nimpe8

Did you actually use the Blend Tool (shortcut W) or select two corresponding points from both paths?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to emil emil

Just saw your image, the points between the two paths do not correspond logically. Try to imagine a connection from each point on one of the paths to a point on the other path.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to Nimpe8

Here's a quick recreation of your image - notice the more logical corresponding points from each path

Capture.JPG

edit: in case you don't know you can add, remove, and move around anchor points after making the blend to interactively change the blend.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points