Exit

Build for iPhone5

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

How I can build game for iPhone 5?

Now, when I am starting ipa on IOS 6 simulator I see black lines left and right.

I want to use resolution 1136x640.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Include a splash screen that is 640x1136, and is named Default-568h@2x.png

That's enough to convince iPhone 5 to let you use the whole screen area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Include a splash screen that is 640x1136, and is named Default-568h@2x.png

That's enough to convince iPhone 5 to let you use the whole screen area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin,

I'm having the same problem, only not just in a simulator, but on an actual iPhone 5.

Can you please be more specific about how to implement the 640x1136 splash screen? Do I just include the 'Default-568h@2x.png' image in the root of my Flash Builder project?

Cheers,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you should put this file in the root of ipa file.

If you build ipa from command line you should add arguments: 

-e resources/launch/Default-568h@2x.png Default-568h@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Flash Builder IDE to compile, not the command-line, so does that mean I would just add that to the Flex Compiler "Additional compiler arguments"?

Does it matter where I put the "Default-568h@2x.png" image file relative to my project root?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you already have splash screens for iPhone or iPad? The new image would go in the same folder as Default.png, and would be included in any building arguments, just like Default.png or Default-Portrait.png are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should this be dropped in the root? Change .ipa to .zip and drop it in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Flash Pro you add it in the iOS Settings, General tab, then publish the IPA. If you're building using the command line I think you just add it as another file to include, along with other splash screen and icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should have mentioned that I am using FlashBuilder 4.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see, in Flash Builder you should have a src folder, and inside the src folder is a group. That's where the app descriptor file is living. Drag the PNG into that group, then do a build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin Holgate wrote:

From what I can see, in Flash Builder you should have a src folder, and inside the src folder is a Re: Build for iPhone5 group. That's where the app descriptor file is living. Drag the PNG into that group, then do a build.

Thanks for the replies. Not sure what group you are referring to - Re: Build for iPhone 5. I do have a src folder and that's where my app descriptor file is located.

Is there a way to target iPhone 5 thru code? I am using a dynamic splash screen based upon PPI (320v240), however, obviously with the release of the iPhone 5 that will no longer be applicable.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about your own splash image, that you show after your code is running, then you can check the Capabilities class to see the device horizontal and vertical resolution, and that will say 640x1136 for iPhone 5 (if you have used the right default image). For the splash image I was referring to, you only need it to exist, and be called Default-568h@2x.png, and it will get used by the iPhone 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

I was referring to my own splash screen, so I will go ahead and check for the capabilities class and then use the appropriate image. However, I am thinking that I need to include the Default-568h@2x.png image in the src folder as well, so that the iPhone 5 will use the entire screen and not letterbox the entire app.  I don't have an iPhone 5 to test only a 4s. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DO have a thought!

Today Adobe released an update to Flash Pro. If only you used that you would be able to test using the iOS Simulator, in which you can choose it to be the 4 inch iPhone (in other words, iPhone 5). My iPhone 5 is on a long delivery time, so I've been getting by with using the Simulator. It's quite fabulous, and saves a lot of time.

Not sure if Flash Builder users can use the same feature.

Other than that, you could include that image and just submit the app hoping that it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thought. I don't believe it will work. I am just gonna include the Default-568h@2x.png and submit it and hope for the best.

Thanks again for the prompt assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin I just downloaded the update but see nothing new. How do I access this iOS simulator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the General tab of the iOS settings you should see a new field, labelled "iOS Simulator SDK:". In there you put the full path to the simulator that is part of Xcode. If you are using Xcode 4.5, and the iOS 6 simulator, that path would be:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator6.0.sdk

Once you have set that you can then go to the Debug or Control menus, and choose either Debug Movie or Test Movie, and select "On iOS Simulator". The app will build fairly quickly, and the simulator will be opened up. Once it is opened you will need to slide to the second screen, where you should see your app's icon, ready to be opened.

If you're debugging, select the usual begin remote debugging option in Flash before opening the app in the simulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was added this file when making package using adt tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Really, work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if my app doesn't have a splash screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can get away without one these days. It used to be a requirement for submissions to the app store. Can you investigate how you would add a splash screen in Flash Builder? That is bound to be documented somewhere, and you would just add the iPhone 5 one in the same way. It can be just a black rectangle if you like, you're only using it to fool the iPhone 5 into letting you use the whole screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin can I just include this with the rest of the spalash images in the Flash IDE (the + plus button and find the .png in the same folder as my .fla file)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that should work. I have only proved it in principle (long shipping wait for my iPhone 5), but I know others who have tried on a real iPhone 5, so I think it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked. Thanks Colin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines