Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Markers Grayed Out with RED .r3d Files!

May 20, 2012 6:00 PM

I have ingested a bunch of RED .r3d files, and the markers are all grayed out, and I can't use them.  I've tried everything, and can't get them to work at all. 

Before someone asks, yes, I left the .r3d's in their original folder structure...

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2012 10:09 PM   in reply to GPB

Hi,

RED is a media format Adobe does not yet have XMP metadata support for.  Without that support Prelude knows it cannot add markers. That is why the markers are greyed out. RED metadata support is in our product backlog for a future release.

Regards,

Michael

Sent from my iPad

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to GPB

An alternative is to transcode your R3D media to another codec, like ProRes, then you can add markers to the new media files.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to GPB

THIS is HORRIBLE news....i thought Adobe had a full R3d pipline setup already....hell, i've been waiting to use this on my next job....

Is there ANY IDEA as to WHEN R3d support will come with Prelude? An entire ARMY of RED users out there that can use this....

Thanks....and trascoding to anything when working on an all R3d project is basically a NON-WORKABLE solution. NO WAY!  don't have that kind of time at end of day when downloading data....

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 1:38 PM   in reply to johnnyfriday

By the way....with latest Adobe Labs update...is Prelude working with R3d ? It's now June 14....last post on this was May 21.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to GPB

As of 1.0.1, Prelude can no longer ingest nor play R3D footage at all.  ):

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 11:38 AM   in reply to Stivan 777

Stivan 777 wrote:

As of 1.0.1, Prelude can no longer ingest nor play R3D footage at all.  ):

I don't see what you're describing. Could you provide us with an example .r3d file that doesn't ingest or play for you?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to Wes Plate

Happy to do so.   I'm unable to ingest R3D footage of any kind, so I have plenty from which to choose.  Can you give me a site to which I can transfer a file?

Also, I'm not the only one seeing this issue as of 1.0.1.  Please see:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?84269-Cannot-Ingest-RED-Fo otage-in-Prelude

Oh, and I am running this on Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks,

Stivan

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to Stivan 777

Also, so that you don't duplicate effort, Wes Howell from Adobe has logged this as a bug.   Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to GPB

GPB wrote:

Wes, I'm with Stivan... it doesn't matter what .r3d files I try to import, they all fail.  Same reason... cannot import XMP file.

GPB,

Stivan777 and I corresponded via email and the problem was he had installed the 64-bit version of the RED importer where Prelude needs the 32-bit version. Can you try downloading and installing the 32-bit version? http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/redepic_importer.html

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 12:00 PM   in reply to Wes Plate

This indeed sorted the issue.  Now we just need Prelude to have to ability to read/write RED metadata.  Is this planned?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 8:57 AM   in reply to Stivan 777

Any update on the RED metadata writing issue?  Prelude might keep me from buy other DIT software if you fine folks at Adobe could make this work.

Thanks,

Robert A. Ober

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points