Skip navigation
LiliacLilac
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop crashes

Sep 23, 2012 1:38 PM

Hello, I read your suggestion and it helped in terms of downloading. Now the error is similar to that of elements

http://i45.tinypic.com/15q2hb5.png

That screenshots shows the possible issue, but I dont understand what it means and what steps to take next. Should i uninstall everything again?

Edit: Whoops, had to blur out some names to respect the privacy of my friends.

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 23, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to LiliacLilac

Branched this out to a new discussion and moved it to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.  It looks like Photoshop CS6 is crashing for you at some point.  Are you able to open the program?  Downloading refers to downloading the install files your error indicates Photoshop stopped working.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 3:45 PM   in reply to LiliacLilac

To help us help you, please look over this article, and add the necessary information: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042147?tstart=0

Also, when PS crashes, what do you have in the way of error, or warning messages, in your Event Viewer, in both the Applications and System Tabs?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2012 1:53 AM   in reply to LiliacLilac

That computer, as currently configured, is totally inadequate.

For one thing, Windows Vista is not supported.

1 GB of RAM is totally inadequate even if the application launches.  The bare minimum is really 2 GB, 4 GB is a little better, 8 GB is definitely better and 16 GB and more is much, much better.

System requirements

Windows

• Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
    • Microsoft® Windows® XP* with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
    • 1GB of RAM
    • 1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
    • 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended) of VRAM
    • OpenGL 2.0–capable system
    • DVD-ROM drive
    • This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.† Phone activation is not available.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to LiliacLilac

LiliacLilac wrote:

…So what you are saying is if I upgrade the RAM I should be good?…

Nowhere did I say that.  Read my post again.

I did not mean to imply that the Vista OS (which is definitely not supported, regardless of what you may have "heard"—"Runnable" is very different from supported anyway) and the RAM were your computer's only inadequacies.

What I quoted there are the absolute bare minimum requirements to run CS6.

And what I said, going out on a limb, was "That computer, as currently configured, is totally inadequate."

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2012 1:47 PM   in reply to LiliacLilac

LiliacLilac wrote:

…I'm still finding it a bit hard to let go of this computer, its never given me program issues outside of photoshop…

That's totally irrelevant.  We're discussing running Photoshop CS6 here, not earlier versions.

Ps CS6 is a veritable resource hog.  It demands tons of RAM, tons and tons of free hard disk space, enough disk space or even a dedicated hard drive for scratch files, and a very powerful graphics card with a lot of VRAM.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to LiliacLilac

During the first 30 days after your purchase, you can get your money back from Adobe.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)