• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to start Illustrator CS6 64-bit on Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the CS6 Master Upgrade yesterday and almost all of the apps are working correctly. However, when I try to open Illustrator CS6 64-bit it returns this error message: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." The 32-bit version works correctly. Any suggestions or similar cases? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

I had this issue until tonight, and upon seeing this thread something dawned on me, as something similar had happened to me once with some Steam games.

The error means the program is mistakenly referencing a 32-bit DLL instead of a 64-bit. It's all to do with things getting mucked up with the Microsoft Visual C libraries.

Head to Programs and Features, and uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable entries. Then open your CS6 install folder, and browse to the payloads subfolder.

Scroll

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue until tonight, and upon seeing this thread something dawned on me, as something similar had happened to me once with some Steam games.

The error means the program is mistakenly referencing a 32-bit DLL instead of a 64-bit. It's all to do with things getting mucked up with the Microsoft Visual C libraries.

Head to Programs and Features, and uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable entries. Then open your CS6 install folder, and browse to the payloads subfolder.

Scroll to the bottom and you'll find all the Microsoft VC Redist folders. Install all the x86 versions first, then all the x64 versions. Your problem should now be corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help with this. I'll have my techie make the sugggested changes as I am not that confident of doing it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, In case anyone else is looking for the fix to stop that 0xc000007b error when launching Illustrator 64 bit, I followed this members advice and it worked perfectly... all my 64 bit software is working now.

Thanks so much.

Scroll to the bottom and you'll find all the Microsoft VC Redist folders. Install all the x86 versions first, then all the x64 versions. Your problem should now be corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and this solution did not work for me.  Any other Ideas?  64 bit photoshop works fine.  Illustrator 64 bit won't launch.  I tried uninstalling complete program and reinstalling but no joy!  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Quazmanni, I read your post and the exact same thing happened to me, that is, PS 64 worked okay and IA 64 would not open up and giving me that 0xc000007 error, and it wasn't Just IA, 3ds max, Maya.

I did not uninstalled anything, I kept searching on google looking for an answer which I'm sure your doing also. When I found the above post and after reading a days worth of forums and started again the next day. I had found some posts on a 3ds max forum going back to 2007 and these folks were pointing to .dll files associated with Direct9, I tried that but didn't work.

So when I read this post here it made most sense.  Now I'm not sure what you meant when you said, I tried it and it didn't work. Uninstalling IA is not what you needed to do. I did not want be the type of person that just said, thanks I got it and say anything. The above post works, read it carefully and maybe get some else to read it that can help you go through the process with you. All my 64 bit software worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.  I have carefully followed the above instructions 3 times to no avail.  I have spent time with Adobe support (worthless).  They tell me it is a Mircosoft issue.  Interestingly PS64 works fine! as do all my other 64 bit programs, just Illustrator seems effected.  It worked fine for 6 months, and now pssssst!  No changes to computer that I know of other than MS normal updates.  Adobe support is who had me uninstall and reinstall the product several times! as well as add and delete several new Admin accounts.  They have no clue and were unaware of this posted fix.  I will try again, but so far no Joy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Quazmann1, please give us a heads up when you do get it solved. For sure something is screwed up, ever sense I've updated my IA I noticed the pen tool doesn't work like it used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft advised that I try a "Clean Boot" of windows 7.  I have done that and still no luck.  Seems to be something in the latest Adobe Illustrator update, but what it is eludes me still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Quazmann1, here is something that you can try, I had a simular problem with my Adobe Acrobat Pro where is would not run. I turned out to be something the adobe did that put my program at the end of the trail, thats what the forum members were saying.  I have the Design Suite, so I had to opened IA, clicked on Help, Deactivate. than I went through the process of activating it again and Acrobat worked. Give it a shot, see if that does it.

Gavinfla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is a stand alone product.. Cannot open it to deactivate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update on my ongoing saga.  I downloaded Advanced Unistall Pro and completely ripped out all Adobe products......  Resinstalled AI CS6 and same problem!  but with a twist...Now if I open Bridge 64 bit and click on an existing file AI CS6 64 bit opens!!  Will not open on its own, clicling on an existing file will not open it, still get same error message.  But can work around it working thru Bridge 64 bit.  WTF right?  Sill searching for the magic answer, this has been a tough one!  Micro soft says its an Adobe issue, Adobe says it is a Microsoft issue, with me left in the middle with a f**ked up produst that I paid 600.00 for.  Really leaving a bad taste in my mouth!  Any new Ideas anyone???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the Cleaner tool between the uninstall and the reinstall?

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the Adobe Cloud Cleaner tool fixed the problem for me. I had also uninstalled and reinstalled all of the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries but hadn't fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often when Adobe releases an update for many of their applications they omit a file. See my top-ranked article at A Very Simple Fix for the 0xc000007b Error for Adobe programs - An American Quest  explaining the file and where you can get it.  You can also find the same title by googling "0xc000007b Adobe" and it's about the 4th result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem... and I found this dll's download

and I downloaded and replaced in the Illustrator Cs6 folder and it works for me..

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00007b.html

good lucky!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crebimacedo--you are spot on!  After several months, I got several CC 64-bit programs working by pasting in the msvcr100.dll file.  For anyone else, put it in Illustrator where the instructions say to.  For Flash CC, Captivate7 x64, IndesignCC(64bit), and AdobePhotoshopLightroom navigate to the folders by those names and you simply need to past it into the root folder for each of those programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, I tried everything, even contacted tech support and was told my system was not powerful enough, strange as it was ok with CS5 64bit, so I upgraded my pc now with mega overkill 32Gb ram SSD primary drive ATI Raedeon 2Gb graphics card, and everything worked and worked well, I also use my PC for recreational TV I like to watch live football, and as I had already installed a iLivid player on my old PC thought nothing of reinstalling when prompted. I did this over the Christmas holidays, and after my break was over I thought I would open a file I had previously been working on in Illustrator 64 bit, I got your 0xc000007b error and was pretty confused to why I also could not open Premier Pro, Speedgrade, I contacted support who wanted me to create separate user accounts and all sorts of in effective suggestions, I sent them my spec, they failed to contact me over the last month, so I did some research and found that iLivid player overwrites certain registry entries and causes problems, fortunately for me, I was able to restore my system to prior to the iLived player installation and everything works fine illustrator fails to load some plugins, but they all appear to be in place when it is open. so I would say that this would be the cause of the issue, having spent over £1000 on a new PC because tech support told me that CS6 needed 4GB just to install it and would require more than that to actually open it, could I of saved myself the bother of an upgrade by just uninstalling iLivid? I wondered if any of you also have iLivid installed on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edmondson, your right about iLivid and that is the cause of the 0xc000007b error. I didn't realize at first that I had a problem with my 64 bit softwar, it was my browser that looked strange, no graphics only text links. So,  I uninstall my IE and Chrome browser, and went into my resgistry and remove everything that was iLivid. Reinstalled my browser and got that working okay and normal. I've been working with Sketchup and needed to do something in AI 64 bit and Bong! got that strange error. At that point I started to do some reasrch and found that this error and found that it goes back as 2007 with some 3ds Max users and tried there tip but no luck. Then I found the post above, read it carefully and I followeds his instructions of the post by member Unexpected panda and that did it for me, all my software worked okay after doing that.

I stay well clear of that iLivid player or anything having to do with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know, i didn't even think to try sketch up, I would of been pretty upset if that wasn't working either.

Hopefully the support team will be made aware of this, and make it the 1st question they ask when, users encounter this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I need to chime in here.  I just installed my new Master Collection of CS6 all my x64 applications were working with the exception of Illustrator x64.  I Googled the heck out of this and found so much back and forth between adobe saying it's a microsoft issue (.net framework and redistributables) and microsoft saying it's an Adobe issue.

My windows installation is fairly fresh, but for the heck of it I tried unexpectedpanda's solution of uninstalling/re-installing the Microsoft Visual C Libraries.  I followed the instructions to the letter, I even went so far as to uninstall/re-install .net itself.  No luck.

I saw the Lightroom (error unable to start correctly) fix mentioned in a few places, and thought frick I've tried EVERYTHING else.  I did the following to fix this annoying issue:

1) Download the Lightroom fix (mentioned in the link from crebimacedo)

2) Extract the .dll files from the .zip.  There are 2 files; msvcr80.dll and msvcr100.dll

3) Opened folder Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 Bit)/Support Files/Contents/Windows

4) The above folder already contains the msvcr80.dll so I did NOT overwrite it.  I simply copied and paste the msvcr100.dll into the above folder.

5) Tried to launch Illustrator CS6 (x64) and imagine that. WORKING!

To me this says that this was indeed an Adobe issue and their installer appears to be missing a file.  Especially when a fix file from their website resolves the issue.

I would also just like to add that I have confirmed that this file already existed in my C:\Windows\System32 and in C:\WindowsSysWOW64 so my OS was NOT missing it as a .dll; again reiterating that it appears to make this an Adobe issue.

Good luck to the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CreativeCollab wrote:

I feel like I need to chime in here.  I just installed my new Master Collection of CS6 all my x64 applications were working with the exception of Illustrator x64.  I Googled the heck out of this and found so much back and forth between adobe saying it's a microsoft issue (.net framework and redistributables) and microsoft saying it's an Adobe issue.

My windows installation is fairly fresh, but for the heck of it I tried unexpectedpanda's solution of uninstalling/re-installing the Microsoft Visual C Libraries.  I followed the instructions to the letter, I even went so far as to uninstall/re-install .net itself.  No luck.

I saw the Lightroom (error unable to start correctly) fix mentioned in a few places, and thought frick I've tried EVERYTHING else.  I did the following to fix this annoying issue:

1) Download the Lightroom fix (mentioned in the link from crebimacedo)

2) Extract the .dll files from the .zip.  There are 2 files; msvcr80.dll and msvcr100.dll

3) Opened folder Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 Bit)/Support Files/Contents/Windows

4) The above folder already contains the msvcr80.dll so I did NOT overwrite it.  I simply copied and paste the msvcr100.dll into the above folder.

5) Tried to launch Illustrator CS6 (x64) and imagine that. WORKING!

To me this says that this was indeed an Adobe issue and their installer appears to be missing a file.  Especially when a fix file from their website resolves the issue.

I would also just like to add that I have confirmed that this file already existed in my C:\Windows\System32 and in C:\WindowsSysWOW64 so my OS was NOT missing it as a .dll; again reiterating that it appears to make this an Adobe issue.

Good luck to the rest.

This worked for me!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To people who may still have such problem.

You don't need to download the files above at all. If Photoshop 64-bit starts fine for you and Illustrator 64-bit doesn't, there is simple solution.

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS6 (64-bit) and copy ALL msvcm*, msvcp*, msvcr* files from here to Illustrator CS6 (64-bit) directory.

That solved my problem. Hassle free .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

info-0 wrote:

You don't need to download the files above at all. If Photoshop 64-bit starts fine for you and Illustrator 64-bit doesn't, there is simple solution.

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS6 (64-bit) and copy ALL msvcm*, msvcp*, msvcr* files from here to Illustrator CS6 (64-bit) directory.

OH YAY! Thanks for your advice. It totally works for me. Hassle free too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

info-0 wrote:

Spent most of Monday speaking to Adobe CC support trying to find out what was wrong with Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, and Media Encoder. They did finally agree to escalate the issue and open a case. I'm still waiting for the call back I was promised.

Your advice fixed my problem immeidately and like you said ... hassle free! THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines