Skip navigation
sinbad7cs
Currently Being Moderated

How do I move a picture from camera raw to photoshop?  When I click open image I get a checker board

Sep 21, 2012 5:54 PM

How do I move a picture from editing in camera raw to photoshop?  When I click "open image" I get a checker board in photochop

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Sep 22, 2012 6:46 AM   in reply to sinbad7cs

Opening a photo from ACR to Photoshop takes a few seconds. Can you explain your issue in detail? If possible, post a screenshot using the little camera icon in ths forum reply section so we could look into your problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Sep 22, 2012 10:29 PM   in reply to sinbad7cs

If you already have ACR installed on your computer, can you right click your photo, open it directly with Photoshop? Photoshop will initialize the relevant RAW plugin and fire up your picture. Can you try if this works?

If that doesn't I'd suspect your GPU acceleration - which we can come to later. First, lets try the novice ways of fixing this!

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Sep 23, 2012 3:10 AM   in reply to sinbad7cs

Hello!

Do you have the same problem opening other non-raw images?

Stating the operating system you are using will help us help you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 23, 2012 7:06 PM   in reply to sinbad7cs

"ACR" is Adobe Camera Raw, which is what you're opening your images with. Are you making any edits using Camera Raw, or simply trying to open them? If you're not editing in Camera Raw, what if you use the standard File > Open option, rather than Open As...

Another thing you'll want to do, is make sure everything is up to date. This includes Windows 7, Photoshop, and your video card. All of these can play a role in the checkerboard issue.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Sep 24, 2012 8:56 PM   in reply to sinbad7cs

Photoshop CS7?! The latest release is Photoshop CS6 - Please tell me thats what you purchased!

Anyway, check what video card your computer has and go into their website to check if there are any driver updates available.

Another option - Open Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Disable GPU acceleration and try again to see if there is a progress.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Sep 26, 2012 12:56 AM   in reply to sinbad7cs

Sindbad. A suggestion, to let us know all the specifics of your machine: go the the help menu, and select System Info...

Copy the contents, and paste it in an answer there.

You might want to remove your serial number.

Thanks to that we will know: the exact version of Photoshop, your memory, where Photoshop is installed, the graphic card and its drivers, and also if you are using third party plug-ins.

Some other users reported that when launching Photoshop holding down the shift key (this disables the plug-ins), he was able to see the images.

The solution in that case is to search for updated plug-ins (or to report the plug-in manufacturers that their plug-ins causes issues in Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points