• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I activate Flash Player?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and successully installed the latest version of Flash Player for Windows XP - 32 bit and Firefox browser.  But any programs that require Flash Player ie some games, say that Flash Player is needed.  Is there something I need to do to activate it? If so, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Firefox | Tools | addons | plugins, do you see Shockwave Flash, and is it enabled?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A file search says there is no such folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Yes, Shockwave Flash is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, thank you for your patience. I did a proper search and found the Flash folder you asked about. It's contents are:  "FlashInstall"; "FlashPlayerUpdateService"; "genuinst"; "mms.cfg"; "flashplayer.xpt"; "FlashUbl32_11_4_402_278_pl"; "KB923789"; "NPSWF32_11_4_402_278.dll"

This is my first time using a forum and I just need to get familiar with how to actually read the replies I get.  Thank you for whatever help you can give me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Could you also check if JavaScript is enabled?

Open Firefox.

Click Tools > Options.

Select Content and see if Enable Flash Player is selected.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sunil.  Yes, JavaScript is enabled.  What now?

Thanks,

elddobard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try to create a different profile for Firefox and see: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-113-crash-mozilla.html#id_65463

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that I don't know how to create a new profile in Firefox.  Even though I'm usually ready to try new things, I don't feel that my computer skills are at that level. If someone can give me details about how to do it, fine.  If not, I'll have to resign this discussion thread and hope for hands-on help in the future.

Thanks,

elddobard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To Pat, Sunil & Chris:  Thank you for all your help and patience.  It all seems to be resolved.  I installed Adobe Flash on Internet Explorer and then on Mozilla Firefox.  Both are running successfully. 

Regards,

elddobard

I'm ending this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines