Skip navigation
Yemling
Currently Being Moderated

New Contribute version 6.5

Sep 24, 2012 6:06 AM

Tags: #version #new #compatibility #backward

Hi

So I'm the Contribute administrator at our organisation. I've just come back off my holidays and one of the users has come to me with problems.

Turns out he has installed the new trial version of Contribute 6.5. He thought he had lost all of his edits to his pages, but after some digging, I found them in the folder they will live in eventually, not the mmwip folder as expected.

He sent them to me for publish, but since I only have 5.5 (as have the rest of the users here, since I didn't even know a new version had been released), I can't publish them and can only view them.

Please advise. Is there backwards compatibility for the new Contribute version and if so, how do I use it?

Regards

Gemma

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 24, 2012 8:57 AM   in reply to Yemling

I believe the administrator needs to have the highest version.

You've got Transition Mode selected in Compatibility I assume? If not, give that a shot but I think that is intended for the administrator to use if they have a newer version, not one of the users.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to Yemling

Try the steps at the below mentioned link to change the compatibility mode:-

http://blogs.adobe.com/contribute/2009/09/compatibilty_transition_mode .html

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to Yemling

You'll find it in Edit>Administer websites>your website>Compatibility.

Personally, I'd tell your people not to do that and if they do, yank their admin permissions so they can't install anything.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points