Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[new feature] Blacklist old drivers with known problems

Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe

The Flash Player should have a blacklist for old drivers that have known problems like "green video", crashes, ...

If a user has such old drivers a pop-up message should appear with a message "Your [graphics/sound/...] drivers have known bugs so please update at least to version [x.y.z]" and with a vendor download link.

I see to many users reporting problems with drivers older than 2011. New drivers fixing many of the reported problems.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3335907

@flash Player users:

First update your drivers and check again if your problems still exist.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Audio drivers too!

- www.realtek.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do have an internal black list for drivers that allows us to fall back on cpu mode for video and old wave api's for audio.  However, like you, I'd like to see this as a interactive feature.  I've been advocating for UI that will walk users through some simple troubleshooting steps.  If we discovered an out of date driver we could pop up an alert letting the user know that a more recent driver would resolve the problem.  If a new driver caused issues, we could record automatically this fact and test it out internally (then blacklist if needed.)

This would be a great feature request to add over at bugbase.adobe.com.  If you decide to add it, please post back with the URL so that I (and others) can add our votes and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

the bugbase ID with the future request is already in my first post 🙂

Nice to see that you agree with it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doh, I completely missed that!  I've cast my vote!  Thanks for suggesting and adding this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines