• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 not installing on macbook pro from 2006?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 installs fine, but when opened it say not supported on this type of mac?  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

you probably also do not meet the minimum specs:

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support.
  • Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Adobe Creative Suite 5, CS5.5, and CS6 applications support Mac OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) when installed on Intel based systems. Refer to the CS6 FAQ for more information about Mac OS X Mountain Lion support.**
  • 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
  • 15.5GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that u

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite possible. The first generation of MPBs did not support the required processor extensions. But we can't be sure, since you didn't provide the exact model nor the version of OSX you are using, which of course could be the actual issue here...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2006 MacBook also, and I'm facing the same problem.. My processor is 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, and I'm using 10.6.8. Any suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 will not download to your '06 laptop. I had the same problem with mine. You'll have to find a copy of cs4 or 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you probably also do not meet the minimum specs:

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support.
  • Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Adobe Creative Suite 5, CS5.5, and CS6 applications support Mac OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) when installed on Intel based systems. Refer to the CS6 FAQ for more information about Mac OS X Mountain Lion support.**
  • 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
  • 15.5GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
  • Additional disk space required for disk cache, preview files, and other working files (10GB recommended)
  • 1280x900 display with 16-bit color and 512MB of VRAM; 1680x1050 display required and second professionally calibrated viewing display recommended for Adobe SpeedGrade
  • OpenGL 2.0–capable system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines