• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker crashes when selecting print book file

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recenctly update to TCS4. FrameMaker crashes when I select Print Book but will produce a PDF is I select Save As PDF.

Anyone else experiencing this and have a resolution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your default system printer? For FM, it should be the AdobePDF printer instance. You may want to check out the Sundorne SetPrint utility that will automatically set the AdobePDF as th default for an FM session and then revert back to whatever else you had as your system printer when the session finishes.

Please see: http://www.sundorne.com/FrameMaker/Freeware/setPrint.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am already aware of this. The issue is it does not display the print dialog box, it just crashes, but thanks for your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does still FM crash if you have different printers set as your default and then try selecting the Print Book option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new book.

add all your chapters to that book

Open all the chapter's one by one

Update the book

Now print the book and it will print

Regards

Harpreet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Create a new book.

Would doing a MIF wash, including a wash of the .book file itself, also fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is a fairly new issue with FM11 - make sure that all files & books are upgraded and saved to FM11 level before trying to print to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree that this should not occur, you've said you can produce a PDF...

Is there a reason you don't want to print from the PDF?

Many long-time Framers are so used to doing this that we don't even use the Print dialog anymore...

That said, if you want to track down the culprit, try the excellent suggestions above:

• set printer to Adobe PDF
  • MIF wash
  • Create a new book, and open all files

and add 2 more to the list:

• Ensure that all the alerts are checked in Edit > Preferences > Global > Alerts
  • Update your book and address any missing resource messages

PastedGraphic-1.png

-Matt

@mattrsullivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using FM 11 and I can't get my books to print for anything.

At first I thought it was a problem with the legacy files (FM 7.2) I imported. But then I tried creating books from scratch and I see the same problem: After choosing Print Book or Print Selected Files, FrameMaker hesitates for a moment and then crashes.

Oddly enough, if I go to Help > Samples, the books there print just fine.

Nothing I can think of makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to print to PDF or to a physical printer? Have you tried MIF-washing your docs and books? Assuming you're getting a fatal hard error message, have you submitted it to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to a physical printer.

Yes, I did try MIF-washing.

I also tried creating a simple book from scratch.

And, yes, I did send the error log to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting the same error when printing to the PDF printer instance? If not, I would suggest that something's wrong with your physical printer installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started working with TCS4 and recieved the same error with the Frame Maker.

Tried all the reccomended solutions here, but nothing helped.

Still cannot print books.

Dear community, has anyone find right solution already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lana.wald – can you describe what steps you’ve tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to print a PDF from the book which was converted from FM9 to FM11.

Then I created a new book but added there old files, tried to print and nothing has changed.

I tried MIF wash as well, without result.

The last thing I tried was creating of the entirely new book. PDF print still crashes the Frame Maker.

What can I try more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lana,

Could you please let us know exactly what the error is. Also, is the book completely new (i.e. creaed with FM11) or are you converting an older FM book? Did you open all of the files first (and deal with any error messages)?

FWIW, I haven't had any problems creating PDFs, nor printing, books from FM11, so it might be something specific to your local installation. More details might help minimize the assumptions we have to make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When FM crushed for the first time I was working with the old file converted from FM9 to FM11.

Yes I've opened all the files first, worked with them, then saved everything and then tried to print a PDF.

The error text is: Internal Error 11004, 8122692, 8122986, 10866389. FrameMaker has detected a serious problem and must quit.

I've sent the log file to Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you print a single .fm document ok to the AdobePDF printer instance without crashing?

How about printing to PDF in other non-FM apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well.

Running Frame v11. Standalone...not TCS.

Completely new files created fresh in v11 to create a template. Just three simple files in the book...Front Matter, TOC, Chapter

File>Print Book = CRASH. No exceptions   Error code 11004, 23851332, 23851626, 26595029.

I tried changing printer via Print Setup... to Adobe PDF. No results

Other thing to note...previous owner of this computer used 7.2. For some reason it is still installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Open all the docs in your book.

Save as PDF, and then check RGB instead of CMYK. generate the pdf and let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm thanks Priyank but your response is out of context to the problem we are complaining about. This is a critical...showstopper bug IMO..in "Print Book"... it crashes. This is not a "Save as PDF" issues as your response suggests.

Hello Adobe??...Anyone out there going to give us some useful information? You have broken a fundamental function...Framemaker Product Manager???

How about assuaging your frustrated users with an answer to the problem...or an apology and a timeline on when this might be fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the smae problem crashing when printing to ps.

I used Framemaker template files book toc index so know it is not my files

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely an Adobe TCS4 problem.

I created a new book in TCS4 using FM template files book, Index and TOC.

Crashed as soon as I hit print.

I have miffed

I have huffed

I have puffed

I am now miffed

It is obvious that nobody can print a book from from FM11 to PS

Rob Shell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using SetPrint to make the AdobePDF printer instance your default printer within FM? Are you having any other issues printing to PDF outside of Adobe products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff:

Thanks for this post

where is the "SetPrint" command?

I have the Adobe PDF converter as the default printer.

I can print single files to .ps.

I can save a book as a pdf. Works fine

The problem is specific to printing books to .ps

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines