• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submitting app made in CS5.5 to AppStore Error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created my app in Flash CS5.5 and compiled and published it without any hiccups.  It works great on my iPhone, but when I go to upload my package to iTunes Connect with the Application Loader I get this error "The application wrapper must end in .app."  What in the world does this mean?  I am submitting my app in a zip with my .ipa, ios_developer.cert, and my mobile provisiong for distribution file.  Am I missing something?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

I didn't think people still needed to do this, but try unzipping the IPA file (it's just a zip file, rename it if you need to in order to unzip it). Then in the Payload folder is the .app file. Compress that file, and use the zip you've made as the submission file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think people still needed to do this, but try unzipping the IPA file (it's just a zip file, rename it if you need to in order to unzip it). Then in the Payload folder is the .app file. Compress that file, and use the zip you've made as the submission file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME!  Hoodathunkit!?!?  Now I am just waiting for approval!  Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IPA was submitted using 3.1 air without any unzipping )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I wondering if any of you might be able to point me in the right direction on this. I'm likewise having issues trying to submit an ipa file to iTunes Connect via Application Loader, and got as far as zipping the .app file and submitting. I get an error in Application Loader that: "Unable to run the lipo command: ... Can't map input file ..." and "Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, contains disallowed entitlements, or was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate.", and "Unable to extract codesigning entitlements from your application. Please make sure ... is a valid Mach executable that's properly codesigned".

Now, before posting here, I have done the following to no avail:

a) I've regenerated all certs and mobile provisions from the top, completely on the Mac once, and completely on Windows as well using openSSL. Both times, I started at the top, from the csr request.

b) I'm able to install and run my ipa file just fine on the test iPhones using the distribution.p12 file and the associated ad_hoc distribution mobile provision. It's always only when I compile for 'app store release', using the distribution.p12 file and the app_store mobile provision that this happens.

c) I'm using Adobe Flash Pro CS6 on Windows 7 64, with Adobe Air 3.3 SDK, and I am submitting on a real Macbook Air with OS X Mountain Lion.

d) I've also gone as far as trying both sets of cert/provisions (generated on mac and windows), by publishing the ipa from within Flash Pro CS6, and also using the adt command line, but still same.. works fine as ad_hoc on the test iPhones, but will not submit through Application Loader. Same codesign verification errors.

e) My app uses native extensions, but these compile and run perfectly fine on the ad_hoc builds.

I'm pulling out my hair at this point as to what I could possibly be missing or doing wrong, or if there is a bona fide bug with the combination of technologies I'm using? I would appreciate any tips/hints/suggestions from anyone who know what I am describing here.

If there is anyone at Adobe that can look at my ipa file build for the app_store submission, that would be wonderful as well.

with kind regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Some more things I've also done since my above post----

a) I've tried to build for app store using AIR 3.4 SDK using Flash Pro CS6, but same thing.

b) I've also tried building from adt command line with AIR 3.4 SDK, same thing.

c) I've tried command line adt build on the Mac itself with AIR 3.4 SDK, same thing.

d) On all of the above scenarios, if compiled for the ad_hoc mobile provision, and loaded on my iPhone through iTunes, it runs fine. So it seems to me, that somehow the application is not getting signed properly for whatever reason.

I'm about out of options and really would appreciate some folks from Adobe giving us some pointers on this....

thank you again,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When creating the distibution profile, make sure that Distribution Method is "App Store" and not "adhoc". You may want to name your distribution profiles accordingly, so that you don't get confused on which is which.

Sometimes, people have had to revoke certificates on the provisioning website and reapply for all to make them work, because of some problem at Apple's end.

Also, can you please tell the AIR SDK version you are using(the exact one) using the command, <AIR SDK path>/bin/adt -version on the command line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neh,

Yes, thank you, I have one of each and they are clearly labeled. I use the adhoc one just fine for testing on my iPhone. But when I build with the distribution cert and the distribution app-store mobile provision, it compiles the .ipa file, but it just doesn't go through the Application Loader to iTunes Connect as I described above. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm using Flash Pro CS6, AIR 3.4, have compiled using both Flash Pro itself, as well as ADT command line, and both create an ipa file that does not submit (code signing validation errors) to Apple... what to do...

thank you,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did at one point talk about zipping the .app file. Just to make sure, do you expand the IPA and then zip the .app inside the Payload folder? That's what works for me, if you're just zipping the IPA file then it would fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Yes, I'm doing exactly that: I'm zipping the .app file inside the Payload folder, not just zipping the ipa file.

thank you,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you are not using the AIR 3.4 Beta which was released with iOS 6 Beta support, as Apple doesn't allow uploading apps using Beta versions of iOS/XCode.

Can you try downloading the released version of AIR SDK once more, repackage your application and try again and also make sure, that you are not using -platformsdk <path to ios 6 beta sdk> while packaging your application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neh,

Yes, I'm using the full release version 3.4 (I just downloaded it today in fact, to see if it will make any difference from the 3.3 I was using). I noticed that on the 3.4 release notes, under 'known issues', there's an item that reads: "[iOS] On some content, Installing an .ipa file with AIR 3.4 occasionally fails with Installation Error: PackageExtractionFailed(3220974)" This sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing. Is there anywhere I can read more about this? http://helpx.adobe.com/en/flash-player/release-note/fp_114_air_34_release_notes.html#known_issues

And if this is in fact the case, what are you suggestions so I can compile and submit successfully using Application Loader to iTunes Connect without the code sign validation error?

thank you again,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

The PackageExtractionFailed error is for installation of an applciation on a device via ADT, without the use of iTunes. So, that shouldn't be related to your problem.

you may want to see how users having a problem similar to yours have solved their issues on this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/727471?tstart=30

You may also want to try revoking your certs/provisioning profiles and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please check that any of the native extensions you are using are not built using the Beta version of XCode/iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Neh, I've solved my problem and posted it here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4734010#4734010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neh,

It is 3.4.0.2540. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I'm still having the same issue, again, to recap, I'm able to compile the ipa file using the distribution cert and adhoc distribution mobile provision, and it loads/runs fine on my iPhone. When I compile using distribution cert and appstore mobile provision, the ipa file does compile, but when I try to submit via Application Loader to iTunes Connect, I get:

"Unable to run the lipo command: /Applications/XCode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/lip: Can't map input file: /var/folders/mh/pz30_kmx6530_cdg7w0hqr9c0000gn/T/SizableSend.app/SizableSend (Invalid argument)"

"Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, contains diallowed entitlements, or it was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate"

"Unable to extract codesigning entitlements from your application. Please make sure SizableSend is a valid Mach executable that's properly codesigned."

Now, when I first submit just the ipa file as is, it doesn't even get that far. I get:

"Unable to extract archive. Please make sure /Users/Admin/Downloads/sizablesend143.ipa is a valid zip or ipa archive"

When I rename the file to a .zip, extract, and then zip the .app file within the Payload folder, and try submitting again, that's when I get the first 3 set of error messages above. I really would appreciate any pointers as to what I may possibly be doing wrong.

My setup: Flash Pro CS6 using Air 3.4 SDK overlayed, on a Windows 7 Pro 64, and submitting on a Macbook Air OS X Mountain Lion w/ Application Loader v2.7.

with kind regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need your cert and provisioning profile in the zip when you submit it through application loader.

Follow this tutorial

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/727471?tstart=30

Sounds like you just zipped up your .ipa file, well that makes sense to all us sane people but not to apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found very useful to create all certificates and make all conversions to .p12 files on Windows machines instead of using keychain. I always run into truoble while using MacOS for this. Here some info from Adobe of how to do it:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines