Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send to server the answers of a question poll

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2008 Jul 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
is possible to create a poll with some questions and store the answers in a database (on server side)?
It could be good also to send the answers to a webservice.
Thank you
bye
stefano
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2008 Jul 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefano and welcome to the community

If you create your project and use the "Survey" question format as opposed to "Graded", then you can built the poll you require. Lastly, if you have the output files loaded onto an LMS, then the full reporting functionality of that LMS is available to you allowing the results to be sent to whoever needs it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew, and thank you!
My knowledge about LMS is not very good. What does I need to have a system up and running besides to Captivate?
Thank you
bye
stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stefano

My knowledge of LMS systems is dangerous in general. There are many such applications available, but if you are loking for yourself, then you could try Moodle, it is a freeware download and pretty easy to set up and use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related to Captivate I have activated the report in the Preferences.
I tried with "E-mail" option and I have insert my email. Than I published the project and run it, answering to the questions.
Reading the documentation I understand that I should receive an email with the answers, is it so?
Or does I have to setup something else? Because I didn't receive any mail.
Thank you
bye
stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Stefano

The email function for reporting is not a very reliable method and sometimes works and sometimes does not, but if you want to use it, then you need to define what must appear in the mail and this is set in the Quizz Manager, where I would suggest that you include interactions and score in the report. Best method is to play with the settings until you get the information you need in the mail, but once again, this is not a very good reporting method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

@ Stefano: Andrew is spot on with the advice regarding eMail. I would also suggest you consider completing a Wish Form to advise Adobe you need a reliable way of collecting data that doesn't involve a full blown LMS. It would be nice if they would create some way to easily capture that information in something like a Microsoft Access database.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources