Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Method to solve the problem that extension does not appear in Photoshop 13.0.1 and InDesign 8.0.1

Sep 2, 2012 8:06 PM

Tags: #cs6 #configurator

Dear Configurator Users,

After the recent update of Photoshop CS6 and InDesign CS6, the CS extension exported by Confgiurator 3/3.1 does not appear in Photoshop 13.0.1 and InDesign 8.0.1. This is because the exported CS extension only targets Photoshop 13.0 and InDesign 8.0.

Please follow these steps to solve this problem:

1. Make sure Configurator 3 is not running.

2. Replace the file [Configurator 3 Installation Directory]/bundles/PHSP-13/template.manifest.xml with http://cssdk.host.adobe.com/configurator/3.0/manifestTemplate/template .manifest.PSCS6.xml. Make sure the name of the replaced file is still template.manifest.xml, not template.manifest.PSCS6.xml

3. Replace the file  [Configurator 3 Installation Directory]/bundles/IDSN-08/template.manifest.xml with http://cssdk.host.adobe.com/configurator/3.0/manifestTemplate/template .manifest.IDCS6.xml. Make sure the name of the replaced file is still template.manifest.xml, not template.manifest.IDCS6.xml

4. Launch Configurator 3, open the gpc file, export the panel as CS extension and install it again to replace the old one.

Note: The recent update of Photoshop CS6 and InDesign CS6  does not impact the panel exported via "File->Export Panel", only impact the extension exported via "File->Export Panel as CS Extension".

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,524 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2012 4:20 AM   in reply to Yanwen Ju

On the Photoshop forum we're hearing from a few people who apparently can't install the 13.0.1 update because the updater has apparently found one or more files changed from the standard set of files Adobe installed with 13.0.0.

Is there any chance a change such as described above, in which a user manually replaces a file originally installed by Adobe, might break future updates?  Or are files such as template.manifest.xml outside the purview of the official Photoshop installer?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2012 11:36 AM   in reply to Yanwen Ju

Hi, I had this issue and followed exactly the steps 1 - 3. I remade my zxp but when I now try to install it, I get a message in Extension Manager: Failed to install the Creative Suite Extension (name). Please make sure the manifest.xml of this extension is valid and the Extension Manager recognizes at least one product which the extension supports. The extension will not be installed.'

Any ideas to what might be going wrong? This is a self-signed extension.

I'm on a Mac with 10.7.2 and PSCS 13.01

In order to change the XML file, I right-clicked on the Configurator 3 App and chose 'Show Package Contents' and then removed the original xml file, pasted the downloaded one in there and renamed it to the same name as the one I removed (this is how I understood the instructions, please correct me if I'm wrong).

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 10:26 PM   in reply to Yanwen Ju

Hi Yanwen, thanks for your reply. However, that's the way I downloaded it: I right-clicked and chose Save As, but it saves as an xml (probably because that's what the source file is?). I  cannot rename it while I'm choosing Save As.

I tried renaming the .xml to .html after the download, but that does not help, either. Still getting the same error message.

Also, your points 1-4 state that the file should end with the extension .xml so I'm kinda confused by this xml-html thing :-)

Furthermore, I installed Configurator 3.1 to see if that might help, but it only made things worse: now, when I want to export the panel as a zxp from Configurator 3.1, I get an error message stating 'Exported panel (name) to (location) with some errors: Error when attempting to sign panel - could not load the keystore file (password may be incorrect)'

Whereas I'm sure the password is correct.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 5:40 AM   in reply to Yanwen Ju

Is there already a way to solve the problem really? I always get the same error message:

"Exported panel Configurator-Panel to directory (path) with some errors: Error when attempting to sign panel - could not load the keystore file (password may be incorrect)"

My path to Java.exe is correct. My certificate and password are correct.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the sample panels. The problem occurred after I had installed the samples.

Help me please!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to Sigko666

The custom panel I have is wrapped up inside a ZXP file and I do not have access to the original xml.

According to the Extension Manager the panel has installed ok but it just does not appear in Photoshop or in the Panels folder

Is there a work around for this please.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)