• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.xlsx baggage files opening as .zip files when published to RHS 9, Webhelp Output

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading from RH8 to RH9. During our testing, my .xlsx baggage files are not opening properly once published to RoboHelp Server 8 or RoboHelp Server 9. These files open fine when previewing the project in RoboHelp 9. The problem only occurs once they are published. Our current workaround is to have the users save the file locally and then open it, however that is not a long term fix. This wasn't a problem when we were using RH8.

I've looked in all the places I can think of on the server and can't find anywhere that there would be a change in the file associations. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help us out a little by providing some more detail. It sounds like when the Excel file is being launched that you are getting the dialog with options for "Open", "Save" or "Cancel". Is that right? Also can you tell us how the Excel file is being opened (e.g. a hyperlink to the file). Ideally a picture or two of what you are seeing would be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  It works fine in RoboHelp before publishing, the file is an .xlsx and the link points to it.  During the publishing process (or perhaps building process) the file is RENAMED to .zip.  It does not become zipped for storage space or someting, just both it and the link to it change .xlsx to .zip.

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4740454#4740454

You have not said there whether this only occurs when publishing WebHelp Pro, as you should to Rh Server, or whether it also occurs with WebHelp.

Maybe this is a Rh Server issue?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RH Server MMJM is using is a new install.  Just installed a few days ago, if there is a setting we are missing while installing it then we would be glad to reinstall and change that setting, but we aren't seeing anything to that affect during the install and setup process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully Colum, John or another Rh Server user can help on that side. Meantime, do you also get this problem with WebHelp published locally? It will help to know.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Cake-Monster2

I have never seen this personally. There is no setting you have missed that would affect it coming up as a .zip that I am aware of. It looks like you have published the link to the Baggage .xlsx correctly so you are correct in assuming that clicking the link will normally launch Excel with the proper file ready to view.

This is a super-wild guess, but it might have to do with your web server's MIME TYPE configuration. I'm talking about the web server that hosts the RoboHelp Server Application, not in RHServer itself. Also, web servers can be configured to behave differently when delivering certain MIME Types. Maybe the web server configuration could be changed to accommodate .xlsx MIME Type? We often have to add MIME Types for .flv, MP4 etc. on older Servers. If you haven't already, you should touch base with the Web Admin on that issue.

XLSX files are created using the Open XML standard, which was introduced in Microsoft Office 2007.  They are stored as a compressed ZIP archive, which contains a collection of individual files. Perhaps that is why it is coming up as a zip in the error message?

The web admin might want to refer to this list of common MS OFFICE MIME Type settings.

http://www.bram.us/2007/05/25/office-2007-mime-types-for-iis/

Thanks and let us know how you make out.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is an issue with MIME-Mapping for new file formats such as docx, xlsx, pptx etc. You can add the following lines in web.xml file (which is prsent in <install location for Tomcat>\conf)

<mime-mapping>
<extension>xlsx</extension>
<mime-type>application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

Restart tomcat and now the baggage file should open as an .xlsx file.

Thanks and regards,

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John, I had the same thought about xlsx since I knew they were archived formats.

Thanks Piyush... I am SOOOO mad at myself for not thinking about that, I have had the problem before in previous jobs but NEVER thought beyond RoboHelp for this issue.

FIXED... FYI I work with MMJM who started this post before she left for a conference, so consider her issue resolved as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Excel file is being opened via a hyperlink to the baggage file which is housed on the RH9 server (image attached). Once the hyperlink is clicked, a dialog box appears with the option to Open, Save or Cancel. If the option to save is used and the file is saved to the local machine, the file opens correctly. If the option to Open is selected, another popup window appears asking if you want to open the file (image attached). This box identifies the file as a .zip file. If you try to open it, the WinZip dialog window opens as it trying to open a .zip file.

robo zip file error_2.jpg

robo zip file error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp