• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Build for iPhone5 and AppStore

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying today deploy build into AppStore.

Package using AIR 3.5 (with AIR 3.4 and IOS 6 SDK have problem too)

Add launch screen for iPhone 5 and other devices.

From iTunesConnect got error:

Invalid Launch Image - You app contains a launch image with a size modifier that is only supported for apps built with the iOS 6.0 SDK or later.

Compared with the valid build and found differences in Info.plist:

DTPlatformVersion: 5.1(in my) and 6.0(in valid)

DTSDKName: iphoneos5.1(in my) iphoneos6.0(in valid)

I think this is Bug in AIR packager.

How I can change this values?

P.S. Trying unzip ipa, change plist, resign app, zip and deploy - got error "Invalid entitlements". But I can't find Entitlements.plist in my package. Maybe someone know how I can export it from app?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Please find attached the adt.jar that fixes the upload issue. Try uploading your app using this adt.jar and let us know the results.     

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm the issue - just received the same maessage from iTunes Store. Packeged with AIR 3.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you receive the message from the Application Loader, or when it went into review after 8 days of waiting? Does your Mac have Xcode 4.5 installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this message comes in about 5-10 minutes after the application is uploaded.

And no, Xcode 4.5 was not installed. I will try to update it now and will report if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thinking is that perhaps AIR 3.5's version of the iOS 6.0 SDK isn't quite aligned with Xcode's one, or more exactly, the one that the App Store is expecting. If that's the case you may be able to work around the issue by including an ANE and having Flash use the Xcode 4.5 version of the iOS 6.0 SDK.

The command line variation of the idea would be to use the sdk switch that is no longer needed, in order to point the compiler at the Xcode version of the SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tips, Colin!

I am compiling the flex app with Flash Builder 4.6 (Flex SDK 4.6 with overlayed AIR 3.5 Beta). What can you advice in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this affect the normal Flash Professional CS6 or just "Flash Builder"? Has anyone successfully got an iPhone 5/iOS 6 app into the App Store yet? I am doing final testing and tweaking on my app and hoping to submit soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.

I've updated Xcode to 4.5 and compiled the app once again. Even more, when adding ANE, I specified iOS 6 SDK directly in Flash Builder. App exported without troubles, but the issue is still the same. So, the ANE and Xcode 4.5 is not a solution.

Maybe someone have an advice how to modify AIR SDK to include correct iOS SDK? I've being trying to publish the app for about 3 days with no luck. Please, help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem.

Even after adding the -platformsdk params to ADT, pointing to the iPhoneOS6 folder, it still doesnt work.

Please help, we can't submit a critical update for our apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing reports of the same issue with non-Flash tools. I think there is some combination that we're all missing, that has nothing to do with what tool was used to make the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that submitting apps on Friday is the worst time for Apple's

servers. For the past 4 weeks I've tried submitting new apps on Friday,

and either the iTunes connect website is too slow, or strange errors are

reported when uploading through Application Loader. I'd try again

tomorrow, or any other day besides Friday.

iBrent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating this issue at our end. In the meantime, try uploading your app with DTPlatformVersion: 6.0 and DTSDKName: iphoneos6.0.

Create ipa using AIR 3.5

Unzip ipa

Modify Info.plist file (present inside Payload) for “DTPlatformVersion” and “DTSDKName”

Code sign and zip it again

-Neha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried do this - and got error "Invalid entitlements" from iTunes.

I used resign algoritm from: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6896029/re-sign-ipa-iphone

Maybe you know how I can get Entitlements.plist from ipa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it doable through Windows?

In Mac, followed the step, it was fine until I try to codesign it. I got this when trying to codesign it :

"replacing existing signature"

"object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable"

what could be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Mac running on OS X Mountain Lion? If yes, execute below command on the shell before executing code signing steps.

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate"

Developers have encountered this issue with Mountain Lion (refer http://mobiledevelopertips.com/mac-osx/code-signing-error-object-file-format-unrecognized-invalid-or... for details).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to follow the steps for code-signing Ad-Hoc version of the app to be able to test before submitting to App Store.

I made following steps:

1. Packaged .ipa for Ad-Hoc distribution.

2. Renamed it to .zip and extracted.

3. Explored Payload/myapp.app content and opened Info.plist file in editor.

4. Changed:

DTPlatformVersion: from 5.1 to 6.0

DTSDKName: from iphoneos5.1 to iphoneos6.0

5. Executed codesign -f -s "iPhone Distribution: My Name From Keychain"  ./Payload/myapp.app

As result got the message:

./Payload/myapp.app: replacing invalid existing signature

6. Exetuded zip -r ./"myapp.ipa" ./Payload and obtained myapp.ipa file.

Then I added this file to my test device (iPhone 3GS), and app installed without problems, so codesigning was fine.

The problem is the app became not functional. I can't tell why, but it loads the first view where I have to Sing In, and server call is not executed. Also I show application version on the first screen getting it from NativeApplication.nativeApplication.applicationDescriptor, and this data also doesn't show up.

So, it is because I see that the app for Ad-Hoc distribution is not functional, I dont't want to upload it to appstore to check if its functional in AppStore version, and also I have my previous app version in approve queue. Maybe someone can try to upload his app to AppStore to check at least if it will be accepted as iOS 6 app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my Mac is running OS X Mountain Lion, and yes the "

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate"fixed the problem for codesigning.

Followed all the steps, everything worked fine, tested on devices they ran perfectly, but when I tried to upload it with Application Loader,  errors occured :

1. Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, contains disallowed entitlements, or it was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate.

2. Unable to extract entitlements from application: /var/folders/dd/btl6d1m91cs4hspjg6jlcj2h0000gn/T/myappname.ipa/Payload/myappname.app/myappname

Have you try to upload your app to Apple using Application Loader and worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find attached the adt.jar that fixes the upload issue. Try uploading your app using this adt.jar and let us know the results.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not everyone here was involved in the conversations that led up to this file, so here are some extra clues:

In your AIR3.5 folder (or whatever you named the folder) is a lib folder. Inside that is the current adt.jar file. Rename that in case you have to go back to it, and drag the supplied adt.jar file into the lib folder. Now publish your app.

You won't even need to quit Flash or Flash Builder.

Once you have the new IPA, go through the usual upload steps to the App Store, using Application Loader, and the file should process ok in iTunes Connect. Note, you will be asked to provide iPhone 5 screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good ) Glad to see this work! Adobe update this jar fast! I posted this file also on Russian developer forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It worked! Thank youuu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before this morning and encountering the same issue, I was able to publish with AIR SDK 3.4 and run the app just fine on all my devices, including my iPhone 5. After installing AIR SDK 3.5, replacing adt.jar with the file linked above, and publishing again, my app is completely broken, producing a black screen after the loader screen. The app runs fine when testing the movie, and it runs fine on my Android devices (apart from some orientation issues, but I see that's a "feature").

Here's the odd bit: this is a perfect time to use remote debugging, right? However, when I quick publish for device debugging, the app works (apart from the aforementioned orientation issues).

My next step, of course, is to start pulling out stuff until it works, and hope that whatever the actual problem is gets worked out before 3.5 hits release state. But possibly the fact that it works in debug is a clue as to what may be going on? What kind of problem could publishing for debug possibly fix?

edit: oh, and just in case anybody's wondering... I did try using the new adt.jar with AIR 3.4, same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the replacement adt.jar file was only intended for use with AIR3.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of that I have no doubt, I was just trying everything I could think of to get a working build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines