Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to get CFFORM to submit to a different CFDIV - it's not working

LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone.

I have three CFDIVs in a .cfm document - one thin one across the top that contains a CFFORM, and two below it (one on left, one on right).  The lower-left binds on load and displays data from a query.  What I'm trying to do is have the CFFORM submit to the lower-left CFDIV and requery using whatever filter was selected in the CFFORM CFSELECT tag (All orders, Open orders, Working orders, Closed orders.)

I set the TARGET attribute of the CFFORM to the name of the lower-left CFDIV, and it just opens a new window when submit.

I've never worked with these elements, before.  What is the proper way to do what I'm trying to do?

I cannot copy/paste code, here, but I will try to manually type what I have, so far.

index.cfm:

<cfdiv tagName="div" ID="filterForm">

<cfform target="navLayer" method="post" name="jobsFilter" format="html" id="jobsFilter">

<cfselect visible="yes" name="status" id="status" query="statusTypes" value="NAME" display="NAME" queryposition="below" onchange="submitForm()">

<option value="OPEN,WORKING,CLOSED">All</option>

</cfselect>

</cfform>

</cfdiv>

<cfdiv tagName="div" ID="navLayer" bind="url:jobslist.cfm" bindOnLoad="yes"></cfdiv>

<cfdiv tagName="div" ID="displayLayer" bind="url:jobs.cfm" bindOnLoad="no"></cfdiv>

I greatly appreciate any advice on this issue.

Thank you,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm currently getting it to work by submitting a JavaScript "GET" via ColdFusion.navigate, and changing the form scope to url scope.

BUT, if anyone can think of a way to do this via POST, please let me know.

Thanks,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation