• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YouTube Flash Player Problem in Safari iMac

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YouTube Flash Player Problem in Safari iMac: I've been having a problem playing videos on YouTube for some time. The problem started since I got my iMac, which had Lion OSX. After upgrading to Mountain Lion, the problem seemed to have been fixed, but has recently appeared again. Videos stop playing and controls seem not to work when I click on the screen. Current software is: OS X 10.8.1, and Flash version is: 11,4,402,265. Here's a video of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=390cgPLrme8

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this.  This is definitely strange behavior, and not something I've seen before.  It's almost like the different tabs are being constantly cycled.

Have you tried this on Firefox or Chrome to see if it's Safari specific?  Also, could you go to Safari's help->Installed Plugins menu and copy/paste the contents of the page that is displayed to a forum reply?  Maybe something is installed that is conflicting with Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Since videos didn't play properly, I was using Chrome, which didn't have anything wrong until the most recent update (though the problem happens rarely). The problem, mainly appears when the video is in HD (Safari).This is all the information of Installed Plug-ins:

Módulo de Applet Java

Muestra el contenido del applet Java o un marcador de posición si Java no está instalado. — desde el archivo “JavaAppletPlugin.plugin”.
application/x-java-appletBasic Java Appletsjavaapplet
application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.6.0_35Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.3Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.1Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.3Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.3.1Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.5Java applet
application/x-java-applet;version=1.6Java applet
application/x-java-vmJava applet
application/x-java-vm-npruntimeJava applet

npContributeMac.bundle

Contribute Plug-inInbrowser Editor Plug-in — desde el archivo “npContributeMac.bundle”.
application/x-contributehtml;htm;xmlibe

PDF incorporado de WebKit

application/pdfFormato PDFpdf

QuickTime Plug-in 7.7.1

QuickTime Plug-in permite visualizar una amplia variedad de material multimedia en páginas web. Para más información, visite la web QuickTime. — desde el archivo “QuickTime Plugin.plugin”.
application/sdpDescriptor de secuencias SDPsdp
application/x-mpegContenido AMCamc
application/x-rtspDescriptor de secuencias RTSPrtsp,rts
application/x-sdpDescriptor de secuencias SDPsdp
audio/3gppContenido 3GPP3gp,3gpp
audio/3gpp2Contenido 3GPP23g2,3gp2
audio/aacAudio AACaac,adts
audio/ac3Audio AC3ac3
audio/aiffAudio AIFFaiff,aif,aifc,cdda
audio/amrAudio AMRamr
audio/basicAudio uLaw/AUau,snd,ulw
audio/mp3Audio MP3mp3,swa
audio/mp4Contenido MPEG-4mp4
audio/mpegAudio MPEGmpeg,mpg,m1s,m1a,mp2,mpm,mpa,m2a,mp3,swa
audio/mpeg3Audio MP3mp3,swa
audio/vnd.qcelpAudio QUALCOMM PureVoiceqcp,qcp
audio/wavAudio WAVEwav,bwf
audio/x-aacAudio AACaac,adts
audio/x-ac3Audio AC3ac3
audio/x-aiffAudio AIFFaiff,aif,aifc,cdda
audio/x-cafAudio CAFcaf
audio/x-gsmAudio GSMgsm
audio/x-m4aAudio AACm4a
audio/x-m4bAudiolibro AACm4b
audio/x-m4pAudio AAC (protegido)m4p
audio/x-mp3Audio MP3mp3,swa
audio/x-mpegAudio MPEGmpeg,mpg,m1s,m1a,mp2,mpm,mpa,m2a,mp3,swa
audio/x-mpeg3Audio MP3mp3,swa
audio/x-wavAudio WAVEwav,bwf
video/3gppContenido 3GPP3gp,3gpp
video/3gpp2Contenido 3GPP23g2,3gp2
video/aviVideo for Windows (AVI)avi,vfw
video/mp4Contenido MPEG-4mp4
video/mpegContenido MPEGmpeg,mpg,m1s,m1v,m1a,m75,m15,mp2,mpm,mpv,mpa
video/msvideoVideo for Windows (AVI)avi,vfw
video/quicktimePelícula QuickTimemov,qt,mqv
video/sd-videoVídeo SDsdv
video/x-m4vVídeo (protegido)m4v
video/x-mpegContenido MPEGmpeg,mpg,m1s,m1v,m1a,m75,m15,mp2,mpm,mpv,mpa
video/x-msvideoVideo for Windows (AVI)avi,vfw

SharePoint Browser Plug-in

Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in — desde el archivo “SharePointBrowserPlugin.plugin”.
application/x-sharepointMicrosoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in

Shockwave Flash

Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402 — desde el archivo “Flash Player.plugin”.
application/futuresplashFutureSplash Playerspl
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flashswf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the page.  Do you have to specifically bring up the settings dialog (the white dialog that is constantly flashing) or does this come up automatically when HD video is displayed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I bring it up. It was just just to show the problem presented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I've forwarded this to our video team but I'd like to have you add a bug report on this when you have a few minutes.  Please visit http://bugbase.adobe.com and give us a brief description of the problem.  Please reference this post and your youtube screen recording.  Finally, it might be useful to get your system profile info attached to the bug.  Please see this page for details.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Mac_OS_users

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some additional questions from our video team:

Does this only happen with HD video?  If you lower the resolution, does it work?  How does your CPU usage look when this is occurring?  This behavior looks like a keyboard focus issue, does the cycling stop if you hit a key (space, tab, etc)?  Finally, what version of Safari are you using?  Have you seen this happen in Firefox or Chrome?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens more often when the video is in HD. However, it can happen in any video quality. Videos stop when I click on the screen or use the keyboard to pause them (spacebar). I'm using version 6.0.1. So far, I've just experienced this problem once in Chrome. I use this browser to watch videos since the constant problem in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another video of the problem.

http://youtu.be/aKnf7XrBbdY

It seems like it happened when there are two or more tabs playing a YouTube video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updated video.  Does this only happen when you are waiting for the video buffer to catch up?  Will this occur if video is playing properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, can you bring up the "show video info" overlay when right clicking a video in youtube?  Would you mind taking a screenshot (or another video) when this overlay is visible and the problem is occurring?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens in both. Also, when I skip to an specific part of the video, it just stops playing.

This first recording shows the video playing perfectly, until I right click and select the "Settings" option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0jwNjgFqQo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And this one shows how without the need of displaying info, the red loading bar just goes back to certain point (the point when I changed to video to HD) and stops, around seconds 0:20 and 0:21 (of the recording). I clicked the right button to show "Video Info" for you to see, as well as "Settings".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xLSMgqEI64&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines