• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image conversion settings

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS58A8F266-0345-4a92-AE66-24F1832E8C6F.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Thanks, everyone.

I have made the changes in the Image conversion settings topic (the changes will be available in the next web update).

Here's the two options and their description:

Use Distiller to generate image

Select this option to generate web-friendly image formats from graphics linked and inserted in FrameMaker documents. You should use this option especially if you have vector graphics formats, such as EPS or AI, or graphics with text content in them.

Do not regenerate images

Select this opt

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of questions. First, I cannot find "Use PDF to Generate Image" in the image conversion settings - I think it should be "Use Distiller to Generate Image".

Additionally I see "Do Not Regenerate Images" option whic is not described in the topic - how does it work? If I select both "Use Distiller to Generate Image" and "Do not Regenerate Images" - what happens?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and welcome to our community

Silly question here. Are you using Adobe RoboHelp? If so, then you need to provide more detail about exactly what you are doing and how you are getting to these settings.

If not, you have posted to the wrong place and we need to figure out where exactly you need to be in order to get better help. If you aren't using RoboHelp, please advise us on exactly which of the Adobe products you are using.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're in the right place - just the wrong thread - this has to do with the conversion settings for FrameMaker docs, Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, as I read it I could see where there could be a multitude of applications that were being talked about.

Should I move this to the Framemaker Integration category?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it's one of those Community Help comments - the system knows it's the RH help, but doesn't know the "right" place to put it on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Indeed I did see that and I'm very well aware of how and why these posts end up here. (I'm also a Community Help moderator)

My point, however, is that we constantly see folks end up in the totally wrong place. For example, they could have been using InDesign, searched the Adobe site and arrived at Community Help and found some obscure RoboHelp topic that mentions a PDF setting and mistakenly assumed that by asking the question in that topic that it was the right place to be. Hence my reason for questioning the product they were actually using.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of got the impression that the OP had fired up their help and fired off a question about what they were seeing and what the help file said. I haven't bothered to put any screenshots in my FM source files, so I can't really help the OP in their question about what the other field does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the old language - help text hasn't been updated - see http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2011/06/troubleshooting-framemaker-content-conversion-in-robohelp-%e2%80%93-part-2images.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, everyone.

I have made the changes in the Image conversion settings topic (the changes will be available in the next web update).

Here's the two options and their description:

Use Distiller to generate image

Select this option to generate web-friendly image formats from graphics linked and inserted in FrameMaker documents. You should use this option especially if you have vector graphics formats, such as EPS or AI, or graphics with text content in them.

Do not regenerate images

Select this option to save time if you are re-importing FrameMaker documents and don’t need to update the images in the imported content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nandini, thank you very much for your explnations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

We converted large doc set from Fram 9 to RH 9, with the only image setting "Do Not Regenerate Images". All of our images were resized, we now have 10,000 useless images. Any idea why these were resized? Or better, any fix? Its a big mess.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DD,

You may have better luck using FM10 with RH9, or using FM9 with RH8, as the products are historically off by 1 rev # since the introduction of TCS.

I have the best luck with eliminating both the Use Distiller and the Do Not Regen options during conversion. Have you tried this yourself yet?

-Matt

Matt R. Sullivan
co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11
P: 714.798.7596 | C: 714.585.2335 | matt@mattrsullivan.com

@mattrsullivan LinkedIn facebook mattrsullivan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

So have you seen this image reduction issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, not personally, though someone was mentioning last week that the 1st image in their book was resizing. Are you using the grouping or folder features within your book? I had a thought that these features might have contributed somehow. Just a guess tho.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've asked this elsewhere too, but I thought it worth attaching this to the actual Online Help page: where it says "Use Distiller To Generate ImageSelect this option to generate web-friendly image formats from graphics linked and inserted in FrameMaker documents. You should use this option especially if you have vector graphics formats, such as EPS or AI, or graphics with text content in them." - how do you specify the Job Options used by Distiller in this circumstance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp