Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

After re-starting server long-running processes don't work

Level 3

A process started from the workspace displays a form, the user selects an option and the form is supposed to be submitted and eventually an Assign Task action displays another task in the user's To-Do list.  The Prepare Data process for the initial form is executed and appears in the Task list (in Admin UI) but the process that is supposed to execute when the form is submitted does not run and no entry appears in tb_process_instance.  Recording the process does not work because no recording is made.  This was solved once by running un-deploying our applications, running Configuration Manager to re-initialize the database, and after re-initializing the database but before deploying components running the MigrateSessionIDs tool.  The problem has recurred and re-initializing the database did enable the system.  Server log from before the restart is not available since the restart over-wrote the old log file.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi, did you able to fix your issue?

If not try to look at the Components in Workbench to see if AuditWorkflowDSC, WorkflowDSC and others are still running or not. Normally, if they are running, you will see the green arrow like the play button appear. If any of them is stopped then you need to re-start it.

And to avoiding the overwritten of the log file, if your web app server then try to expand the log file size in the websphere admin console.

If these above do not help then you will need to contact the Adobe support for further analysis thru the system.

HD

Level 3

Thanks for the post.  We re-installed LiveCycle for this but I'll try your suggestions if the problem recurs.  We are using the turnkey JBoss server with SQL Server database.  I think I did look at the Components in Workbench and didn't see anything unusual.  I found out how to get JBoss to append start-up log to existing log file - just set the 'Append' parameter to 'true' at top of conf\jboss-log4j.xml.

Level 3

After re-installing LiveCycle ES2 and re-installing ES2 SP2 up to the point of completing all the Configuration Manager steps (including running the MigrateArchiveSessionIds tool) the exact same result was obtained - no processes could be started.  So, after re-reading the SP2 instructions and discovering the very last step is "Re-start the server" I did so and now my applications work.  This prompts the question, "What about the SP2 install requires a server re-start and what could cause the server to get back into that state?  Our original problem - that the server did not allow processes to be started - was not cured by a server re-start.