• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory, Please reinstall the

Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory, Please reinstall the application. This is what i am getting tying to open Photoshop Cs6???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mstayner16!

It may help to uninstall and reinstall the application. In your Photoshop folder, you should find the uninstaller. Run that to completely uninstall Photoshop. Once that's complete, run the installer to reinstall. If you don't have the installer, you can sign into your Adobe account and redownload it, if you downloaded it digitally. Otherwise, you should have the install DVD lying around.

Let us know if you need further help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! if you are a Mac user, make sure to not drag the application out of the applications folder. The best way to have Photoshop appear on the dock is to run it from the applications folder, then, in the dock, move its icon towards the left. This will make the Ps icon appear permanently in your dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having trouble opening Photoshop CC on my Mac with 10.9.2. I called Adobe support who told me to drag the application into the trash and reinstall. I did that and I still can't open the application and now I ge a messae saying "Some of the application components are missing fromt he Applications directory. Please reinstall the application. I did reinstall and I still get that message. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Renée

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Renée in the future when removing Photoshop CC please utilize the uninstaller located in the Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers folder.  Please run the uninstaller and then reinstall.  If you continue to face difficulty reinstalling Photoshop CC then please see CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when not installed - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this question to the Download, Install & Setup Help forum for specialized attention to your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines