• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will TCS4 get a free update to Acrobat XI?

Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just received an email telling me about the Acrobat XI.  So I was planning to upgrade to TCS4 very soon, but now it seems I would be buying an 'old' version of Acrobat, together with an 'upgrade' to Illustrator (instead of Photoshop) that I don't need. Does somebody in Adobe's 'product planning' department need to be sacked?

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect to see a 4.5 release to handle Acrobat XI sometime – that’s historically how they’ve accommodated changes to the point product versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course, I'd forgotten the 0.5 releases. I'll hold on to my [company's] cash a little longer then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There would be no acrobat XI in TCS4 ,may be in TCS4.1 however we still have to wait  and see if that is going to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's not a planning fault, rather having to stay compliant with the law - in this case an unintended consequence of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) act. Two things run one afoul of this law: failure to announce a "new" feature at the original launch and then delivering it for free some time later. So if you buy the packaged version (perpetual license), you're stuck with what was included in the package at the time of release. Since Acrobat XI wasn't even announced until this month (pre-announcing products and features also causes issues witth the Security & Exchange Commission - SEC), it can't be included as an upgrade in the TCS unless some cash changes hands to satisfy the accounting requirements for SOX.

If you have a cloud-based subscription to the TCS, then that's a different ballgame, since you're effectively renting it month-to-month. So with this model, Adobe can include new releases in a suite (as has been done in Creative Cloud Suite of tools).

You have a choice as to which route to go with this product: outright purchase or subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But for those of us who purchased a 2 year upgrade certificate with TCS3 now get TCS4 and whatever will be packaged with 4.5 at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis Gubins wrote:

If you have a cloud-based subscription to the TCS, then that's a different ballgame, since you're effectively renting it month-to-month. So with this model, Adobe can include new releases in a suite (as has been done in Creative Cloud Suite of tools).

As a subscriber, how do I get this upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you would just have to wait until it’s added to the Suite’s packaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I want it now, now, NOW!

Cheers, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

if you are a TCS4 customer , then you can download the udpate ( to udpate Acrobat from version 10 to 11 ) as mentioned in below KB.

http://helpx.adobe.com/tech-comm-suite/kb/tcs-4-update1.html

-Prem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it was worth asking !   Now I just need to check if any groundbreaking new features have been added to TCS4 to justify a $799 'upgrade' spend (e.g. does the Illustrator Arc tool still only draw 90 degree arcs?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Prem Arora wrote:

Hi All,

if you are a TCS4 customer , then you can download the udpate ( to udpate Acrobat from version 10 to 11 ) as mentioned in below KB.

http://helpx.adobe.com/tech-comm-suite/kb/tcs-4-update1.html

-Prem.

Thanks for that.

Not sure why that's so well hidden or why I don't get that option in updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines