Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Could not complete the ... command because of a problem with the filter module interface

Oct 5, 2012 7:07 PM

I just reinstalled Photoshop CS6. I'm running OS X 10.8.2 .

I use the Nik plugins suite, and reinstalled them as well. Now whenever I try to use one of those plugins I get the error "Could not complete the ... command because of a problem with the filter module interface."

The reinstallation was a bit of a struggle due to issues on Adobe's end, and I am hesitatnt to just dive in and reinstall without wome idea as to what might cause these errors.

Any insight appreciated.

Stu

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 5, 2012 7:12 PM   in reply to Stu.Farnham

Have you tried disabling the Nik filter folder to see if that it the problem?

Are the Nik filters updated for CS6?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2012 12:04 PM   in reply to Stu.Farnham

No, it means that there is a bug in the Nik plugins, and you need to talk to Nik.

They might have an update, or they might still be working on fixes to their plugins.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to Stu.Farnham

I don't know, since I don't know the nature of the bug in Nik's code. 

They have had problems in the past due to just small OS updates.

The error message tells you what happened (an error in the plugin interface), as much as is known - and Photoshop doesn't know what the specific error was in the plugin, so has no idea how to tell you to fix it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 6, 2012 7:51 PM   in reply to Stu.Farnham

SJFWW wrote:

while it is clear why I care, it is not clear what (specifically) the error means and what I should do to remedy it.

A plug-in can choose to put up its own error messages programmatically, and make them as verbose as it likes, but it generally gets to provide only limited information back to Photoshop.  I believe the message you're seeing occurs due to the plug-in returning code "paramErr" back to Photoshop.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points