• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 2753.The File is not marked for installation

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an oldie but a goodie. We have the following error occur on machines when we try to upgrade machines to the newest flash player:

Product: Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin -- Error 2753.The File 'InstallPlugin.exe' is not marked for installation.

The only way we have been able to correct this is outlined here:

http://www.eversity.nl/blog/2012/05/adobe-flash-player-install-error-2753-the-file-installax64-exe-i...

Our IS department wrote a .Net app that automates this process a bit, but it would be nice if the Adobe installer would detect and correct this error, as we push out Flash updates via GPO.

Any takers on this?? PLEASE!!

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can do is suggest that you write a bug report or enhancement request at https://bugbase.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...I published the bug here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3293566

I assume that we must get "votes" for Adobe to look at this, so anyone experiencing this problem, please go "vote".

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be fixed in stealth release today 11.3.300.270 which is detailed in this posting: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4594596#4594596

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this in another thread today, but if you can provide me with the GUIDS that are left behind, I'll bring this up directly with our installer team.

Btw, while we updated the uninstaller/installer with today's release (and added a new GUID for the msi installer), there were no additional changes to address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Chris. I appreciate your time on this. I emailed you the information.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/211901-is-this-the-correct-way-to-install-flash-over-gpo?page... has a list of other problem GUID's that other users have experienced.  If adobe could re-package the exe based uninstaller program as a MSI, it would be an easy fix to deploy the uninstaller MSI before installing the new Flash versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem while trying to install the Plugin version of 11.3.300.270. The ActiveX download version seemed to install okay, but the Plugin download failed so I tried the MSI version and got the error 2753 message. To work around the insall issue with the plugin, I had to delete the following keys from the registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\1924FBDFBDD7C5C41B8233A264FCF8AF

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\5100A42EF37C75B48BFDE58BD4E26958

which were for version 10 of the Plugin and ActiveX players.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray! Adobe is investigating this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update, we have an internal bug number on this (#3302658 for future reference) and we'll be working with Microsoft to get this resolved.  Please feel free to ping this thread or me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com) for updates.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool! I have provided more information from a Windows 7x64 box that is exhibiting the exact same issue.

Thank you so much for looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone has time, we could use some additional information.  Please feel free to send it to me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Could impacted users provide us with two more forms of troubleshooting data:

- Process Monitor log:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

It would be best to start procmon just before the issue is reproduced. For instance, if the MSI error message appears toward the end of the MSI execution, they should try to start logging procmon data just before the error occurs.

- MSDT Report

From a computer that is connected to the Internet:

1. Click on the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/sdp/0B0D020A3231393931383930333709

2. Click on the Run button (recommended) to start the diagnostic process.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions to run the diagnostic on this computer, or on a different computer.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chris. I have placed the dianostic and logging data on a download server. I emailed you the credentials, as the data is quite large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I wasn't sure if you needed us to do this or not, but I erred on the side of caution and sent the data to Microsoft, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update that we're still investigating this issue.  If anyone is up for helping us generate debug logs, please see the steps below:

Perform the following steps on an impacted system

1. Download the appropriate "Debugging Tools for Windows" MSI installer which is available from:

** For 32 Bit systems: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_x86_6.11.1.404.msi

** For 64 Bit systems: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_amd64_6.11.1.404.msi

Click on Run

Click on Next

Click on "I agree" for the EULA

Click on Next

Select the radio button for "Custom"

Click on Browse and change the default install path to C:\DEBUGGERS

Click on Next

Click on Install

Click on Finish

2. Download the appropriate TTTSetup MSI installer:

** For 32 Bit systems: https://sendnow.acrobat.com/?i=7gBp4PSAtP9lB8UrdqBr6Q

** For 64 Bit systems: https://sendnow.acrobat.com/?i=9SfayRdL7gGV50TeYOpkTg

3. Copy the appropriate TTTSetup MSI installer to c:\debuggers

Double click on the MSI installer to execute

Click on "Next"

Click on "I accept" for the EULA

Click on "Next"

Ensure the install location reads C:\Debuggers\ttt\

Click on "Next"

Click on "Install"

4. Launch task manager and ensure that there are no running instances of msiexec.exe. If there are, end the running instances. This will help us isolate the msiexec.exe process(es) that are associated with the Flash Player MSI.

5. Launch the Flash Player 11 MSI installer but do not click on the Install button just yet.

6. Locate the msiexec.exe process(es) that appear in task manager after launching the Flash Player MSI. Take note of the PID(s) for msiexec.exe (you will need it later)

- If you do not see a PID column in Task Manager, you can add it from the task manager View pulldown menu (View->Select Columns)

7. Create the following folder C:\iDNAtrace

8. Open a command prompt and navigate to C:\Debuggers\ttt (cd C:\Debuggers\ttt)

- If you have two running instances of msiexec.exe, you will need to perform steps 8 - 10 in two separate command prompts in order to capture all MSI activity (one for each PID).

- If you are on Windows 7, you will need to launch the command prompt with the "Run As Administrator" command. To do this, click on Start, type cmd in the search field, right click on cmd.exe.

9. Type "TTtracer.exe -Initialize" without the quotation marks and then Press Enter.

10. Type "TTtracer.exe –dumpfull –maxfile 1024 –ring –out c:\iDNAtrace –attach PID” without the quotation marks, Press Enter. <Replace "PID" with the process ID for msiexec.exe from step 5 above>

11. click on the Flash Player 11 MSI Install button. When the Flash Player 11 MSI displays the error message, click on "Exit App" on the iDNA window on the desktop. This will create the .out and .run trace files in the C:\iDNAtrace folder

Please send the .run and .out files to ccampbel@adobe.com for further analysis.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any progress on this? Do you still need more debug logs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're actively working with Microsoft to figure this out.  We've got a few debug logs that we're working with, so hopefully that'll be sufficient.  Please feel free to ping this thread or me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com) for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I would love to know if you have any updates for that issue.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates welcome here too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

any official update on this issue? As already mentioned we're seeing it again with 11.5.502 which cannot be rolled out to the organization properly.

Would appreciate an outlook to then you estimate this could be resolved.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Adobe folks, this doesn't just affect Flash. I encountered the same problem with Shockwave Player this morning. Like others, I had to delete a key under Installer to get the Adobe installation to complete properly. For Shockwave, it was:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\1D89543D8B706BE4DAA9BDFD85FF1CF9

This is a real problem when pushing Adobe products to dozens or hundreds of computers via GP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree...this is dragging on far too long. Do we have any status updates???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got around these problems by scripting the deletion of the older Adobe reg keys in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products". And using  a login script to push out the script.

However, having gone to the trouble of setting up SCCM, then SCUP, and then pushing out the latest updates - I'd prefer not to have to go hacking bits out of the registry on over 100 machines  - and hope something else doesn't break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've previously been able to get around this issue by removing all the Flash reg keys in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products". However, I'm now having this problem (with the plugin version) on a computer where I've removed all said keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem on another computer now with the IE version. I've removed all reg keys (meaning the whole folder) with flash in them from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products but I still cannot install Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines