• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Simple Wire Removal Tool

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to apply the effect to a composition, the whole composition turns to black. And if it doesn't turn the whole comp black, it will turn it upside down, backwards and purple. Why?

Running a MacPro 3,1

CS6

quad core 2.8 x 2

6 gig Ram

video card is a ati radeon hd2600 xt

OS 10.6.8

AE setting are default

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Adobe After Effects CS6 (11.0.3) has been released. This update fixes many crashes and other bugs, including this issue with the CC Simple Wire Removal effect.

Details: http://adobe.ly/AE_CS6_1103

Also, this fix is in After Effects CC (12.0).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of AE? What kind of layer are you applying the effect to? I'm assuming it is footage. If it is, what is the source and codec of the footage?

This sounds like a codec problem or an OPEN GL display issue. I'd try turning off OPEN GL for previews first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's CS6. It is Footage. We have tried both camera codec which is h.264 and batched as apple pro res 422. as well as mpeg4 and we get one of the two results listed above evey time. Where is the location of the OPEN GL to turn on and off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mpeg4 should not be used at all for production. h.264 from a camera is usually OK depending on the data rates for source footage but should never be used to render in your production pipeline.

You can set open GL preferences in the Preferences Panel under Previews. You turn Open GL accelerated preview in the Composition Window. If I remember it's the 3rd icon from the right. It kind of looks like a little TV . Inside you'll find the option to use adaptive resolution or OPEN GL for previews.

Also, 3rd party codec packs can foul up AE. If you've installed any try removing or deactivating them in System Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - still happening. File imports fine, comp opens fine, as soon as CC simple wire removal effect is applied the whole comp goes black. We are not editing w/mpeg4, we simply experimented with as many different files as possible to try and suss the possible issue, but thanks. Open GL was set to off. FYI - the issue we are trying to correct is a stuck pixel using the wire removal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue as well! I'm running the most updated version of After Effects CS6 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

GPU: nVidia GTX470.

CPU: Intel Core i7 920, 2.8gHz.

18GB DDR3 Ram.

I've been trying to use Wire Removal to remove stuck pixels as well, on Canon DSLR footage. Both the original H.264 and the converted ProRes footage yields a black screen, or an upside-down, purple/bluish image.

Turning Fast Previews off to Final Output, changing resolutions from Full to Half to Quarter, all don't do anything.

The only other 3rd-party plugins I have installed are Trapcode Shine and Particular.

I hope there's a resolution to this problem shortly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By today, I hope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a bunch of footage and found that I could reproduce your bug. I suggest you file a bug report. I can't make the problem go away on OSX 10.7.5. I'll try on 10.8 tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also having these same issues..... so odd because i used this tool a few weeks ago to remove a piece of dust on a timelapse and now i just get a black screen over the footage. i am running 10.8.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a graphics card issue. One of my systems runs just fine with the latest build, the other two (one with intel graphics and the other with ATI) don't work at all. Interestingly enough, I just tried on a Mac Mini (new) with Intel graphics. Wire Removal works just fine.

This has to be a bug and not a configuration issue because I used the same clip for all tests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with CC Wire Removal yesterday where it turned the whole comp black and was unresponsive to my attempts to change the two base points.  However when I tried to turn the effect off After Effects crashed and reverted the project to a version I had brought in to work nine hours before .  I think the reversion issue may have had something to do with dynamic link or perhaps even a heat failure with the external hard drive I was saving the project to.  I want to run some more tests to isolate the issue and communicate with Adobe about it but I have to finish this project first. 

One thing I can say is it's probably not a graphics card issue.  I have the exact same GPU on my PC at home and my work computer and the effect works fine on my home PC.  Still have the same bug with wire removal at work today but I pre-rendered the finished shot at home.  Am running the GTX 570 on both machines. 

Will post again once I get in contact with Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. OS X 10.8.2, GTX 285, CS6 11.02.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on three different macs. One with no additional plugin. I think the new AE update killed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding another to the list.

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Using a windows machine with latest drivers and updates. As far as I can tell everything else in After Effects is working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the same issue. The layer is just disappearing when I apply the wire effect. Windows 7, latest update, all that. If I move the points around I can get the layer to show back up, but the effect still doesn't work. I tried everything I could think of. I'm using some creative masking and layer duplication to try and get around this. Can't say I use this effect very often, but on this particular project (which I originally did in a previous version of AE) I used the wire effect no less than 10 times. So it would be nice to get this fixed, although by the time it's fixed I'll have finished this project no doubt. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved.

Had the exact same issue, tried everything - playing arround with frame blending, codecs, cuda, drivers all in vain. and couldnt find anything usefull on the web..

solution:

-------What did the magic for me was copying a fesh copy of the plug-in into my plug-ins folder.

here's how it goes,

Go to your .dmg installaiton of after effects cs6 (in my case Master collection cs6)

Mount it and open the folder.

now, instead of couble clicking the install button, go to-- payloads/AdobeAfterEffects11...

Locate and mount the after effects .dmg

Once mounted go to-- Assets1/universal/Professional/Plug-ins/Effects   The CC simple wire removal is a part of the CycoreFXHD bundle.

Simpley copy the CycoreFXHD folder to your local Plug-ins folder. Make sure you place it under the Effects folder. Click yes to replace etc'...

fin.

as i said nothing els worked, always good to get a fresh copy of the plug-ins..

macbookpro 2010. os 10.8.2 cs6 with latest updates. cuda 5... hope its usefull...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too.  On two different systems with different specs and I just clean installed the suite on one of those.  I can't apply the above solution - I'm on PC and the file structure doesnt appear to be the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. I'm on an iMac, 10.7.5. I went back to an older project file that I had used this plug-in with, and those clips no longer function properly either. The last update is the fiend, methinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now what I've done is copy the CS5 version of the plug-in to the CS6 folder, and moved the faulty CS6 plug-in to the desktop until another update comes in. Problem solved for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where I can find the file, on my windows cd there are only zip files with lots of non sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, tried the solution provided by Idan above (find the original plugin and replace it), worked great. thanks for the help, Idan.

For those that have the disc and want to find the plugin it's located here:

CS6 ProdPrm 1 > Adobe CS6 Production Premium > payloads > AdobeAfterEffects11AllTrial > AdobeAfterEffectsAllTrial.dmg

mount that discimage

then:

Assets1 > universal > Professional > Plug-ins > Effects > CycoreFXHD > SimpleWireRemoval.plugin

swap that with the one in your AE plugins folder on your drive (always back it up first!), and everything seems to work great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there are a couple of dozen posts here about the same problem, but no solution (except for Idan, but he's on a Mac) Has anyone solved this issue? I need to remove a few lens dust spots from my footage - a lot of it, and this tool looks like it would solve my problem. But when I apply the effect, the video either disappears or turns purple and upside down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a beta fix from Cyclore. unzipped and placed in Plugin Cyclore folder. Works as advertised

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you go about connecting with Cyclore for this? I couldn't find their site and would love to have the beta fix as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried contacting them via email a few hours ago. But no reaction.

BTW: its cycore.

http://www.cycorefx.com/support.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines