Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DEP Error Just Goes On and On

Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the Data Execution Prevention  error with Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.278 is a common problem. There are posts all over the net: at Adobe, at Microsoft, and at numerous third party sites. For me, it started happening after downloading the newest version of Flash player, noted above. I'm running Vista Business edition with IE 9. The problem goes away as soon as I disable the Flash Player add on, or uninstall Flash Player completely.

Personally, I've tried every solution out there and nothing helps. Things I've tried include:

•Turning off DEP for IE, both in Control Panel and in IE
•Resetting IE, and losing all my settings
•Uninstalling the Flash Player and reinstalling it

The problem seems to be intractable. I've had to get by without Flash Player for a month now. I really wish Abode and Microsoft would address this issue; it is a well documented problem that really makes for an unpleasant user experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Firefox and with the 11.4 version of Flash Player, I keep getting notifications that Adobe Flash Player 11.4 (etc), has crashed. I uninstalled Flash Player and installed the 10.3 verrsion and now everything works as it should. However there's a "ghost" that will upgrade my Flash Player automatically, so I go to my "Downloads" and repeat removing Flash Player and then installing version 10.3. Hopefully there will be a fix on this matter soon, for this really sux!

Living On the Right Side of Dirt,

~Stillin~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We fixed an issue related to Accessibility APIs that manifested as crashing primarily on HP Laptops with Biometric Sensors (fingerprint scanners, etc) and for visually-impared users with screen reading software.

That issue was resolved in the latest Flash Player 11.4 update (11.4.402.287), which you can grab from here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.

If you're still seeing instability, I'd like to continue to work through it with you.

First, there were a couple third-party applications that were causing problems with Flash Player and Firefox 15.0.1.

- Trusteer Rapport (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Rapport)

The latest version of Trusteer Rapport fixes that issue, so you can upgrade or uninstall it if that's what is happening.

If not, there were a couple AntiVirus/AntiMalware products that keep coming up, but I haven't validated that in the lab and don't want to call anyone out publicly without reporting the issue to them first.

If you could tell me what antivirus/antimalware products and versions you have installed, that would be helpful.

So, third party stuff aside, I'd like to know more about the crashes your seeing:

1.) Please provide links to the Firefox crash reports.  If you have multiples, the first few would be great.

In Firefox, type about:crashes in the address bar

If the link starts with "bp...", it's already been submitted -- just right-click on it and copy the link, and paste it into the reply here.

If not, click it to submit it, and copy the subsequent link.

2.) In firefox, type about:support

Just copy and paste the output into the reply.

3.) In Firefox, type about:plugins

Please copy and paste the output into the reply

4.) Please provide the output of the DirectX Diagnostic Utility

Click Start > type "dxdiag" [enter]

Click Save All Information

Copy the output of the file into the reply, or use Adobe SendNow/DropBox/PasteBin to share the file.

5.) If you can provide an exact URL and step-by-step instructions on repeating the crash (if it's consistent), that would be really helpful.  My goal is to build out a configuration that matches yours as closely as possible, reproduce the problem and then debug it.

If you're not comfortable sharing that diagnostic information publicly, send me a private message.  Just click my name and use the options on the right.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines