• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors while installing

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to istall my Photoshop CS4 onto my Windows 7, I get these errors:

Adobe Photoshop CS4 English Language Pack_x64

Error:

Error 2.

LangPack (English) for DeviceCentral

Error:

Error 2.

I have tried:

- installing in compatability mode with Windows 7

- installing as admin

- opening CS4 in compatability mode with Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.

- opening CS4 as admin

- Uninstalling (another error occurs with no explanation) and reinstalling.

Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you receiving these errors when you try to open Photoshop or do you receive these errors during the installation process?  Both errors look more like launch errors than installation errors.  If you are receiving the errors while trying to install then I would recommend following the steps listed in Troubleshoot installation with install logs | CS3, CS4 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-installation-install-logs-cs3.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happens when I install Photoshop CS4. At the end of installation, those errors show up. Then when I try to open up Photoshop after it installs, it says It cannot open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it has been awhile since I have seen install errors for CS4.  Please follow the steps to review your installation log to determine your plan of action to resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow the instructions there. The only "error" I could find in the installation log is this:

{95120000-00B9-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE} = Microsoft Application Error Reporting 12.0.6015.5000 {F47058A9-F4BF-420D-B567-104C552A3F63}

I can't find anything in the forums or anywhere on the Adobe website regarding that issue.

Also, when I try to open Photoshop after the installation, it gives me an error saying:

"Some of the application components are missing from the Application directoy, Please reinstall the application."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I just talked to a support personel via chat with Adobe, and he said that CS4 is not compatable with Windows 7. Is this true??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BMeinen you will want to review your installation log and look for ERROR and FATAL these sign posts to the actual error.  As for running under Windows 7 it should still function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Bump!>

I'm having the same issues with Photoshop CS4 on Vista 64.  The installation completes but with the following error(s):

Adobe Photoshop CS4 English Language Pack

Error:

Error 2.

Adobe Photoshop CS4 English Language Pack_x64

Error:

Error 2.

LangPack (English) for DeviceCentral

Error:

Error 2.

I've tried downloading the Adobe Help-thing and it said the issues were linked to colour profiles, contrary to the above errors.  I've tried re-installing many times now, sometimes with custom options such as just installing the x86 version, International English (I'm in the UK) and I've tried the fixes linked to 'Run as Administrator'.  I've also tried to remove all files and folders relating to CS4 then running the Adobe cleanup tool and then re-installing with antivirus disabled, still to no avail!

This software worked fine when this same PC was 32bit but recently had to reformat and reinstalled using 64bit so the conflict is in there somewhere.

I spoke to Live Chat and they can't support CS4 so any and all help would be appreciated.  I've checked this forum and read all posts that are similar but I've tried all those solutions suggested so far so thought my own thread might be prudent.

Thanks!

Neil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NeilGreenfieldUK please follow the steps in this thread to review your installation logs to locate the point of failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeeeehaaaa!

Yes I had to recreate the Public folders, including adding the registry entries and <drumroll> it's worked!

Very annoying that such a silly thing could cause such a problem.  I don't even use those public folders so no idea why they weren't intact to begin with.

Anyway, solved! 

Many thanks,

Neil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines