• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Flash Player on Android 4.0.4 after resetting the phone

Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: cannot install Flash Player on Android 4.0.4

Operating system: Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Note (model N7000)

Detailed description of the issue:

1. Background - successfully installed once

My phone android system was upgraded from 2.3.6 to 4.0.4 about a week ago, when I visited a news website and clicked the flash video materials, it said:

Flash version 10,1 or greater is required

You have no flash plugin installed

Download latest version from here

When I clicked the word "here", I can successfully install adobe flash player. There is an "app" icon named "Flash Player Settings" created in my phone.

2. Issue: failed to install again after resetting the phone

However, my phone was reset yesterday (back to default settings), so when I visited the news website and clicked  flash video materials again, it still prompted:

Flash version 10,1 or greater is required

You have no flash plugin installed

Download latest version from here

When I clicked the word "here" again, I am directed to a webpage www.adobe.com/m/cdc/android.html. In essence, it said "This content requires Adobe® Flash® Player, which is not supported by your device..."

I called Samsung maintenance centre and they said my phone could support flash player, this is also evidenced by my previous successful installation!

How come I cannot install the Flash Player plugin again after resetting my phone?

Could you help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually solved it myself.

When I go to Google Play store and search for Adobe Flash Player, I could not locate the adobe flash player app in the search result screen (very strange!) I can find adobe reader but not the flash player app.

Here is the solution, after resetting your phone. Open the web browser, paste the following link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer

Then it asked you whether you want to open this link from browser or google play, then select google play.

There you can open the app in google play and then click install!

This is how I can get it back!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternative, for those that are also stuck is to manually install using the instructions detailed here:

How do I manually install Flash Player on my Android device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the big selling points of Android devices was their Adobe Flash compatibility. Now that flash is being phased out of convention, you won’t be able to download flash from the Play Market. That however doesn’t mean that you can’t get it.Ures can Manually install flash on thier Samsung Android Device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything that can work in its place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manually install Adobe Flash Player on your Android device

It is still being supported for people who currently have flash on their phones, and will continue to shop up in the play store if you already have it installed. It's why most people can still see it. You can manually install it, but it will not receive the updates that the play store version will receive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have the same problem for my 4.0.4 ICS... but IM lucky to find the ADOBE FLASH PLAYER in PLAY MARKET....search  TOOLS FOR ANDROID...and you can find the ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 11.5 it works and run smoothly on my ICS4.0.4 .hope this can help you guys:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the archives and installed A done flash player on my Android device 4.0.4(Samsung Galaxy II). It only half worked. I got sound, but no picture. What can I do to get it working properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is s a common problem and I too faced it within days of buying my new Android phone. I tried all the tips in this forum but wasn't successful - perhaps becasue of my own impatience. So I tried my own new trick.

I downloaded Adobe Flash Player version 11 on my laptop. Then I connected my Android phone (Samsung GT-S7572) via the data cabe to my laptop and copied the downloaded player file to my mobile phone theough the data cable. (Please do not try opening the downloaded file on your laptop as it won't open and you will get message saying so. Copy the file to your phone as it is, without trying to open it first. I copied it to the DOWNLOAD folder of the phone, but I suppose it could be copied anywhere else also on the phone.

Next go to your phone and locate the Flash Player file in the DOWNLOAD folder, and try clicking on it expecting it to open and get installed. Well, you wont be successful as you would be getting message saying that that this is not allowed on your phone for security reasons. You will get 2 options either to CANCEL the operation or go to SETTINGS. Select the latter, and go to the SECURITY section on the SETTINGS page. Move over to the DEVICE ADMINISTRATION section. You will find an option over here asking you to alllow or Disable installation of non market apps. Select the "allow" option, by ticking the check box.

Now go back to the DOWNLOAD page where you had stored the Flash Player application. Click on it, and you will find that the application opens and gets installed. Now try out any of those sites where you were being prompted to upgrade your Flash Player. You will be pleasantly surprised to find those sites working and displaying all the videos there.

Let me know if you also were lucky with the method I used. Happy Viewing !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to follow your idea but I did something that did not work. But I found something similar in this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UBM76iIsg

Hope it works for everyone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines