Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot open pdf-file with Adobe Reader

Oct 17, 2012 2:35 PM

Downloaded Adobe Reader XI. When I go to the document and want to open a pdf-file with Adobe Reader, it won't open, but just flashes on my screen. It says to open the document with Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager Helper, and I cannot change that. When I go to Adobe Reader and select the file I want to open with Adobe Reader it works. In my genealogy-programm I have also the possibility to open pdf-files, but that also doesn't work eighter. Nothing happens here.

I uninstalled Adobe Reader and also ran CCleaner, but nothing helps. Can someone please help me.

System: Windows 7 Professional; Intel Core i3, 64bit.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 17, 2012 11:03 PM   in reply to Daisyishome

Are these local or online PDF files?

If local, does the same thing happen if you open Adobe Reader first, then open the file from there?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2012 12:03 AM   in reply to Daisyishome

Does the pdf file show Adobe Reader's icon? right click on a pdf file, what's the first option?

Try this: Launch Reader, Go to Edit -> preferences, Click on general. You'll see a button called "Select Default PDF Handler" click on it. In the window that appears, select Adobe Reader XI and click Apply.Everything should work fine now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points