• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am getting CERTIFICATE AUTHENTICATION FAILED trying to install Flash. Any resolve?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting certificate authentication failed error message trying to install Flash.  I am using OS Win7Pro on a stand alone desktop using IE9 version 9.0.8112.16421 256bit.  This is happening with the Adobe Flash and the Adobe Shockwave Player.  I am able to download the files and save them to my downloads folder.  I will right-click to select install as an administrator using my user account with admin privileges.  Any ideas which may be causing this? 

flasherror.JPG

swferror.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run Windows Update and let it fix your certificates.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the above solution,you can try the following:

To unblock a software publisher:

1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

2. Go to the Content tab, Look under the Certificates section.

3. Click on Publishers button.

4. Select the Untrusted Publishers tab.

5. Select the Publisher you wish to unblock and click the Remove button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Przemek, this is the same exact post I made earlier today, but it is not listed under my profile anymore.  It is like you somehow stole the post and posed it like it was your question.  Did you do that to steal points???   I actually came back on the site to inform people I fixed it by manually installing the Adobe ActiveX from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html and then changing a setting called TURN OFF AUTOMATIC ROOTS CERTIFICATE UPDATE to not configured in the Group Policy Editor.  You can access the Group Policy Editor by typing Group Policy in the start menu search box of Win 7 and then click on the link for Group Policy Editor in the search results.  From there, you click on ADMIN SETTINGS and then ALL SETTINGS to find the option.   I hope this helps people, but I am not quite sure what your point in stealing my post was Przemek.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MeMyselfandEye wrote:

Przemek, this is the same exact post I made earlier today, but it is not listed under my profile anymore.

It is the forum software/servers that are acting acting weird for the last few days.  Ignore it; it will eventually settle back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Warren,

If you're still encountering the 'certificate authentication failed' error when downloading/installing from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, please try one of the following two options:

Option 1:

1. Open command prompt (C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe)
  2. At the prompt, type: Certutil –urlcache * delete

Option 2:

1. Delete the contents of the “temp” directory (on Win7 - C:\Users\<YourUseID>\AppData\Local\Temp)

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines