Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation issues including AAM, Dreamweaver CS6 and Phtoshop CS6

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

This discussion is a continuation of a thread that was started in the 'Creative Cloud' discussion forum.  It's important to read this discussion first to get a background regarding the underlying issues first.

To continue, this new discussion will keep the issue in the open - I don't want it hidden away as I believe others may benefit from suggestions and issues along the way.

Quick recap:

1. My UK organisation purchased 6 licences each of Photoshop CS6, Dreamweaver CS6 and Acrobat 10 via an Adobe License Certificate.
  2. The license keys were given to me to download and install the software.
  3. I downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/downloads but on installing was told that the key was invalid.
  4. Contacted Adobe support several times and finally found that the software had to be downloaded from https://licensing.adobe.com.
  5. Didn't have an account as these are held by my organisation's purchasing team.
  6. Adobe added my details to my company's account eventually.
  7. Downloaded and installed the software.

At fisrt I used the software and, as with most software rushed through for a deadline, discovered various bugs (mainly in Dreamweaver it has to be said, as I haven't really had chance to use the other two products yet).  So...

1. Attempted the automatic update process.  This failed due to restrictions on our firewall.
  2. Checked the Adobe site which said check the log files.  Checked the log files and found a warning (this is detailed in the other post metnioned above).
  3. Chatted with Adobe support twice at this point to try and pinpoint the issues.  They suggested downloading the updated updater(!).
  4. Dreamweaver update process went 65% of the way through before freezing with 5 seconds left on the clock and Photoshop failed altogther saying that the updater was invalid.  Dreamweaver gave me the error number U44M2I218, as discussed in the other thread by Ken.
  5. I completely uninstalled every Adobe product, including Flash and Air
  6. and ran the Cleaner Tool.
  7. After reinstalling and attempting the upgrade process for only Photoshop and Dreamweaver I received the same issues as discussed previously.
  8. For some reason this caused issues with my OS and I've had to rebuild.  This time I'm running Windows 7 instead of XP SP3, but these products are not getting installed until someone from Adobe
  9. can give me clear direction as to what I need to do.

To bring this up to date I received a PM this morning from Jeff Wright.  The message reads:

To: mandelbrot  

Sent: 23-Oct-2012

Subject: Private Message: Regarding your updating difficulties

Good day Paul Weston,

I am contacting you regarding the difficulties you have been having applying the Dreamweaver 12.0.2 update.  If you have contacted our support team if you can please provide me with the case number it will allow me to review your interaction.  In addition if you can please let me know your preferred e-mail address we can bring this conversation into e-mail as opposed to sending private messages back and forth.  This will be especially important when we need to look at your installation logs for the update which you are having difficulty applying.

Thank you,

Jeff Wright

My reply:

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately I don't have any case number(s) even though I spoke to several of your colleagues in India, bit via chat and telephone.  Each time no case number was given to me.  At one point I did fill out a survey, also!

If you can trace it from this, my email address is <<emailadress>>, I'm linked to <<organisation>>NHS Trust and our primary contact used to be a gentleman called Eddie Drake (either <<emailaddress>> or <<emailaddress>>).  Failing that, our software license certificate number is <<id>>, end user id (whatever that is) is <<id>> and our Adobe order number for this consignment is <<id>>.

I don't want to hide this away from the community and have opened a new discussion to this end - any PMs or emails will be dropped into this unless you choose to use the discussion as a contact method.

Paul.

Please feel free to add constructive comments anyone.

Regards,
Paul.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mandelbrot it appears you have tried updating the Adobe Application Manager already.  After you download and install Photoshop and Dreamweaver can you please confirm the version of Adobe Applicaton Manager have installed?  Assuming you are using 64-bit version of Windows 7 you will be able to find the Adobe Application Manager at C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\.  Once there if you can please get properties on the PDApp.exe.  You will find the version number under the details tab.

Ken G. Rice provided me with your installation log and in specific I have reviewed Paul Westin Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.2 10-23-2012 which is the log related to applying your update.  From the log file it appears that you received error DW023 in relation to the different language packs.  For our first step can you please try applying the update directly from http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html.  Please try downloading and installing the 12.0.2 update from here. 

If you experience another install error then we will want to again look at your installation log to determine the point of failure.  There are instructions on how to locate and review the installation logs located at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I too am having a similar problem.

I purchased a monthly sub to adobe cloud.

I have tried to download the programs for hours.

Each time photoshop gets to 99% it freezes.

I have cancelled it - tried again - cancelled it - tried again - restarted my computer - tried other programs (After Effects only gets to 4%) - deleted the application manager - reinstalled it x 3 times. NOTHING works.

I am running Mac 10.8.2

I need these applications for my living.

I am as frustrated as is humanly possible.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tipper123 you will want to review the install logs to determine what is causing your failure.  I provided details on how to do this at the end of message #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.

After going on to live chat with adobe no less than four times for four different people, and reconfiguring my entire admin role on my computer I have finally installed the last program.

It took NINE HOURS.

Something is clearly amiss with the application manager. I hope for the sake of everyone else out there it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error did you discover in the installation log?  This will provide more guidence if the issue is related to the Adobe Application Manager or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Tipper!  Only nine hours?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know insane huh? Started 6pm finished 3am. Four times talking to online help. Countless restarts. Eventually online chat sent me a patch to fix the adobe application manager. Obviously there are big issues. But thanks for your help. At least that was good! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through all that but still can't patch.  At the moment I simply don't have time to follow the whole process yet again.  So far I'm up to 19 hours 30 minutes (I have to record my time for this ... maybe so we may be able to send a bill!), and that doesn't include the time I had to spend rebuilding my PC after something destroyed file associations in the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I've reinstalled Dreamweaver CS6 and have the patch in a folder on my desktop for both Dreamweaver and a patch for AAM.

The patch for AAM states on your website:

Adobe Application Manager

Adobe Application Manager Installer

This patch will install the Adobe Application Manager that is included with Adobe Creative Suite 6, Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 products. It is only necessary to run this patch if you are receiving one of the following error messages:

• Adobe Application Manager is needed to update your product.
  • Adobe Application Manager is needed to start your trial.

For additional information on this issue, see, “Error, "Adobe Application Manager is needed..." when launching or using Adobe Creative Suite 6, Creative Suite 5 products” (cpsid_84344.)

So, is this correct?

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mandelbrot the current version of the Adobe Application Manager can be found in the bottom right hand corner of http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.  The patch which you seem to have downloaded is version 6.2.  The one from the download page should give you version 7.0.0.62.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that's not working for me - I clicked the link that you specified and got this page:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

With this text on it:

Adobe Application Manager

Adobe Application Manager Installer

This patch will install the Adobe Application Manager that is included with Adobe Creative Suite 6, Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 products. It is only necessary to run this patch if you are receiving one of the following error messages:

• Adobe Application Manager is needed to update your product.
  • Adobe Application Manager is needed to start your trial.

For additional information on this issue, see, “Error, "Adobe Application Manager is needed..." when launching or using Adobe Creative Suite 6, Creative Suite 5 products” (cpsid_84344.)

File Information

ProductAdobe Application Manager
VersionCS6
PlatformWindows
File NameApplicationManager6.2_all.exe
File Size50.9MB
Proceed to Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I stand corrected it appears the behavior of the page has changed since I last clicked on the link.  Once you have the Adobe Application Manager installed it should update itself if you open it manually.

Have you tried invoking the 12.0.2 update for Dreamweaver from the patch you downloaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

As I've said in other posts, every time I've patched this software the patch ahs crashed - please see the other posts I've written, particularly in the thread that this was spawned from.

I'm going to change tack with this as I've wasted so much time with this company so far.  I'll speak with our IT and ask them if there's anyway we can change our security procedures to allow these pieces of crap from Adobe to update themselves - I give in, I can't be 'nice' about this anymore.

I also have to ask you: does Adobe realise that if they wrote their software properly in the first place they would save a fortune on employing people to talk their users through poorly structured websites and badly designed software.

I'd (we'd - all those frustrated users in this forum who are having just as many problems as me) really appreciate your feed back on this.

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madelbrot if you are in a restricted environment this could cause you to face installation failures.  From the install log I reviewed it appeared that the update you attempted to apply through the Application Manager was damaged.  This is what was leading to your installation failures.  To resolve this we would want to first ensure you are using the latest version of the Adobe Application Manager.  Once this is accomplished the next step would be to try applying the update manually.  If you were continuing to face installation failures we would again want to review the install log to determine where the failure occured.  You can find details on how to review the installation log at  Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

I agree that a good step would be to involve your I.T. department.  They may have the unrestricted access necessary to allow you to install the updates successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately we have to sit in this restricted bubble as we handle lots of sensitive data.  On my own PC I have admin rights; however, this does not extend to the rest of the network.  I would be very surprised if there are not a few more of your users who share a similar predicament.

I'm presently waiting for our network team to look at this.

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Everyone,

I'm about to close this thread off and, to be honset, would love to be able to send an invoice to Adobe for my time; I can't of course - the legal problems would be immense.

To resolve this problem I actually had to take my computer home and install the updates using AAM from my home location - I should NOT have to do that.

I will be speaking to my boss about not purchasing any future products from Adobe.

With regards,

Paul Weston.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines