Skip navigation
rajesh11
Currently Being Moderated

PhiBar

Dec 8, 2006 8:49 PM

Wondering if kuler could have also add Phi relationships.
A program called PhiBar can be found here:
http://goldennumber.net/color.htm

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2006 11:07 AM   in reply to rajesh11
    Hi,
    Interesting, thanks for the post. I'll share it with the team. Are you using these now for your work? What kind of work do you do with color?
    Is anyone else out there using these Phi relationships?
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2006 4:03 PM   in reply to rajesh11
    Never heard of it before, but it would be interesting to see a selection of examples of its use (I can't test it, as the download at this link is a Windows app, and I'm on a Mac). It's hard to say much from the two examples on the site. And it would be interesting to see what would happen if the math was extrapolated to create 5 colors instead of just 3.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2011 6:08 AM   in reply to rajesh11

Greetings,

I am Dr. Michael Semprevivo, I am the creator of the original PhiBar software which your product was derived from.

PhiBar was created not for profit as part of my research work in the harmonic relationships of Phi in the color

spectrum. There were many thousands of mails asking me to add the functionality for entering colors etc. this

was never in my interest as I was not seeking to make any money from this, it was merely the tool made to show

my work.

What the folks here at Adobe have done is to do the exact same thing but with the more common colorwheel and

base geometry (tri, quad, penta and hexagrams etc...) which are known to produce harmonic sets, and are long

available in may paint softwares. They left out the Phi functionality, with good reason as it does state clearly at

the only download location for PhiBar that it is free for non-commercial use. It has been for over 10 years.

Now I know that any good artist who has studied the golden mean, or phi in the great masters works like DaVinci,

this tool for choosing phi-harmoic colorsets is invaluable. I would with this post like to offer free permission for
    Adobe to use my work and add a phi set to this wonderful tool. I can offer assistance by supplying the original VB

script if I still have it, and if not I can explain the formula used for it and how to make it work with the Kuler interface

setup.

I am not interested in any financial compensation for this, but at least a credit for my work would be appreciated.

Warmest regards,

Dr. Michael Semprevivo

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2012 3:05 PM   in reply to M_Semprevivo

Thank you Dr. Semprevivo,

I'll share your feedback with the product team

-Dave

Created idea for the the topic here:

http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1113

|