• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash games lag during transitions, please help!

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At certain points when I'm playing flash games on sites like Kongregate or Newgrounds, the game will hit a transition and all action just freezes up. It seems that it's trying to load the next screen, and something makes that take a very long time.

My browser of choice is Firefox, if that makes any difference.

I am terrible with descriptions, so I'm going to let this thread do it for you: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4799902#4799902

This user describes symptoms nearly identical to what I've been seeing, except that he runs a Mac operating system, while I use Windows 7.

I don't know how to translate the advice into Windows 7 (file locations, permissions, etc.) without screwing up something major on my system.

Can someone please help? I've scoured the internet just trying to find someone with a similar problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like a protected mode related problem.  Could you try temporarily disabling protected mode to see if that helps (see towards the bottom of the FAQ listed below.)  In addition, you might want to try installing our 11.5 beta to see if that helps.

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines