• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to batch resize in Bridge CS6 or Image Processor using height only?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have batches of images that need to resized based on height only and would like to do so using Bridge/Image Processor. My height requirement is 1140px, however the original images are varied in landscape/portrait orientation and are of different aspect ratios (2:3, 3:4, etc). So far what I have had to do is filter in Bridge just the landscape images then select an aspect ratio, then plug into Image Processor the exact pixel dimensions of the resized images (that I discovered using Photoshop to resize and check the resulting pixel dimension). There has to be a more efficient way.

An example of what I am running into:

Image 1

Original file = 5616 h x 3744 w Portrait orientation

Resized file = 1140 h x 760 w

Image 2

Original file = 3744 h x 5616 w Landscape

Resized file = 1140 h x 1710 w

Image 3

Original file = 4652 h x 3489 w Portrait

Resized file = 1140 h x 855 w

From that example, is there a way I can plug just the height number in Image Processor (or any other Photoshop utility) so I can just batch out a bunch of images all at once?

FYI - I am not interested in buying any new software such as Lightroom to accomplish this task. I would like to remain within Photoshop/Bridge if possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added this feature to Picture Processor script and can be downloaded at the end of this thread...

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3409&sid=64289a303d3888342e18ed3db127cbce&start=60

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, that works like a charm. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do what you want with Image Processor without a script.  All you have to do is enter the number of pixels you want for the height (1140 pixels in your case) and then enter a number for the width that is wider than any image you will process.  Image processor will always resize the images to fit inside this rectangle.  That is, the height will always be 1140 and the width will fall where it may.  It works like the Fit Image command in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do a batch resize by %?  I have some images that are vertical and some horizontal.

thank you.

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
-Anna Freud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines