• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I install the Flash Debug Player in Internet Explorer 10?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the Flash Debug Player 11.4.402.287 from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/flashplayer_11_ax_debug.exe - however, trying to install it merely shows a message box saying

The installation encountered errors: Your Microsoft Internet Explorer browser includes the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player built-in. Windows Update will inform you when new versions of the Flash Player are available.

I'm using Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16384 on Windows 8. A bit of Google research suggested that IE10 has a Flash player built-in (similiar to what Google Chrome has) so I looked for a way to disable the player. It seems that this is indeed possible by clicking the Cogwheel icon in the IE10 toolbar and then selecting 'Manage Add-ons'. The dialog which shows up shows a 'Shockwave Flash Object' entry. However, even with the built-in Flash player disabled, the Flash Debug Player installer keeps giving the same message.

Does anybody knwo how I can install the Flash Debug Player in IE10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

did you have any joy installing the debug player? I've checked the file that Pat suggested, but am non the wiser.

Thanks,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines