• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove "X" button from Rollover Slidelet?

Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working with Rollover Slidelets in Captivate 6 and I can't find a way to hide/remove the "X" button in top right corner of a slidelet.

I believe this is possible because there is no "x" in my previous project. I've compared settings and still couldn't find the difference responsible for it.

What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you check if you have perhaps ticked the option 'Stick slidelet' in the Action accordion of the slidelet? Because that is causing the appearance of the X to close the slidelet:

stickslidelet.png

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stick Slidelet is unticked. What's more - ticking it doesn't change a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange, because I always check before answering, and I do not see that X with the option unticked, as you can see:

Slidelet.png

Was this a project created in CP6 or an upgraded one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created in CP6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bit difficult when I cannot reproduce your problem on my PC. Are you on PC or Mac? Could you try creating a rollover slidelet in a blank project to see if this is a consistent behavior or just happening in that project? Perhaps you already tried that, in that case I apologize,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on PC, using Captivate 6 64bit (upgraded from 5.5). I started this particular project in Captivate 6. The same thing happens when I try this with blank project. Ticking/unticking "stick slidelet" doesn't change a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded projects can show some weird issues at times.

Try removing the slidelet and reinserting a new one from Cp6 to see if it behaves differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mind losing customization, because if not, would suggest to delete the Preferences folder while Captivate is closed. Maybe something has corrupted there. This folder is labeled 'Captivate 6.0' and can be found in your profile:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Adobe

Beware: it is a system folder, perhaps it is hidden (default) and you'll have to adapt Explorer settings

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting Preferences didn't help.

1. When I create a blank project and insert Rollover Slidelet - it works (x is hidden).

2. When I copy my slide to blank project, remove Rollover Slidelets and insert new ones - it works.

3. When I copy a working slide back to my project - it doesn't work (x is still visible).

4. When I remove Rollover Slidelets in my current project and insert new ones - it doesn't work.

So it looks like my project is somehow corrupted. Any way of resolving this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that seems to be the case. And not easy to find the 'culprit'

Try this: create a new blank project with the same resolution, copy/paste slides by small bunches and test regularly if everything is OK. Do not paste the slides with rollover slidelets, try to recreate them (perhaps use the Library with assets from the original project as External Library).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I copied all slides to a new project and added new slidelets. 6 out of 8 were working. 2 were still showing 'x'. I deleted them and once again inserted new slidelets. Now everything is working fine.

But it's working only when Rollover Slidelets starts with the beginning of a slide (appear after 0 seconds). When I move them a few seconds further into a slide - 'x' button is visible next to all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe planning to release a fix for this issue?  I have a project with 6 rollover slidelets on one slide, none appear at the beginning of the slide and I have the same issue, X doesn't appear if the slidelet starts at 0, but does if it appears after 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue whene the rollover slidelets are not at the beginning of the slide. Any word on if this is being worked on?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

While not a solution, the fix that I use in such instances is to to drag the top right corner of the slidelet window off the edge of the canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Cap 7 and I have duplicated the issue detailed here.  If the Stick Slidelet box is selected AND/OR the rollover slidelet does not arrive with the start of the slide, the "X" displays in the upper right corner.

One work around I have come up with is to have the slide transition to a new slide with the rollovers coming in at zero seconds.  This allows the audio I wanted to play before the slidelets to finish before the learner rolls over the slidelets which would cause the slidelet's audio to play on top of the main slides audio.  Be sure all your transitions are set correctly and the effect should be seemless.

~ Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, original question was asked almost two years ago, here we are with Captivate 7 (and phone calls to upgrade to version 8) with the same "feature" tagging along. Obviously not worth someone's time to fix because it is definitely something buggy in the code and not due to user error.

Here's my experience: Created a continue button and decided to put a rollover slidelet caption over the button to let the really dumb users know that clicking "continue" sends you to the next screen. Everything worked as advertised, (no X-box on the top right corner of the caption) until I decided to use that group of elements (continue button + rollover slidelet) as part of my template. If I copy and paste the two elements I get the X-box. If I copy them separately, no X-box. If I change the order (bring to front) you guessed it! X-box. Once its there it's there to stay and changing the arrangement order does not matter...it's there to stay. Duplicate a slide? No X-box, touch it or even look at it funny...Perma X-box.

Conclusion: Sloppy Code...I bet version 8 still has this "feature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're really overcooking this one.

If all you're trying to do is give the user some helpful instruction about what to do with the button when they place their mouse over it, why not just turn on the button's HINT caption and put the instruction text in there?  No need for slidelets as far as I can see.  (And by the way, I HATE slidelets with a passion.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Well, I wanted to use animated text to create some motion and catch the attention of the super-non-attentive; but you are right...I am using a function destined for creating high level greatness (when it is finally functional) and should be content with "Hint".

Thanks for the hint and for validating my hatred for slidelets.

Nadeem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone is stilling encountering this issue, like I recently have I found in CP7 that selecting the slidelet (not the rollover slidelet area) and then right click Arrange > Bring to Front fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. If I ever go back to using a slidelet I will post my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating.  I'm on Captivate 8, having the same issue.  Sometimes it works when I bring the slidelet 'to font' and other times it works when I select then deselect 'Stick Slidelet'.  I'm working on one now where it doesn't go away no matter what I do.  Has anyone have a solid solution to this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I solved it in the end.  Three steps to check in order to ensure it doesn't appear:

1. Uncheck 'Stick Slidelet'

2. Bring the Slidelet layer to the front

3. Ensure the slidelet layer starts at the first frame of the scene.

Enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After checking in a new project in Captivate 9 I found a bit of a glitch.

If I create a new rollover slidelet it doesn't have the 'x'.

However if I re-position the rollover area on top of the slidelet it appears from then on. Even if I move the rollover area away from the slidelet.

I've unchecked all the runtime borders, made sure stick slidelet isn't checked and tried this on a brand new project just to test multiple times. So seems to be a bit of a glitch unless someone can explain it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources