• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using Flash Player 11.4 and IE9, some sites display "Page cannot be displayed"

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the similar problem with IE9 on windows 7 x64. IE9 showing "Page canno tbe displayed" for some of the sites (one of them is netbanking site for ICICI), however if I disable the shockwave flash object in addons, everything works fine just flash content is not dispalyed.

I tried every bit of setting for other browser these sites are working. I tried chrome.

Any solution? I already on the latest flash playe.

It is very annoying to first disable the flash then access these sites and then reenable it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the same "Page cannot be displayed" and IE9 hanging while it searches for a solution. No solution, and then the window closes and reopens, over and over again. I've had this issue for quite a while and have had to roll-back to Flash version 11.1.102.63 in order to work with both machines I have in different offices, both are Dell InspironOne systems, no fingerprint scanner. I've since tried each version as released by Adobe and none have worked, so I keep using version 11.1.102.63 and will do so until you guys fix this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My daughters computer was the same Dell model. Are you sure your running the 64 bit version of Explorer 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are asking me then yes. And I tried on both 32 and 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Trusteer Rapport installed on your system? 

Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features

Look for "Rapport" in the Program List

If so, either upgrade to the latest version, or uninstall it.

If not, do you have any antivirus/antimalware/software firewall products installed?

If so, what are their names and versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, can you provide me a couple exact URLs that display that behavior?  I'd like to try and reproduce the problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the URL I use very frequently

https://infinity.icicibank.co.in/BANKAWAY?Action.RetUser.Init.001=Y&AppSignonBankId=ICI&AppType=corp...

however this comes fine only after entering login details I face the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, not much I can do to investigate a problem on your bank's website. 

I'd recommend as an experiment to either temporarily disable or uninstall the firewall and antivirus, then try your bank website -- if this is the only place where you're seeing this. 

If you have an option for trying this with something that isn't your bank, that would be better -- but as long as you're not doing stuff on untrusted sites with your virus scanner disabled, you're at little risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most frequent url I am facing this issue. Others are very ramdon and I dont save the urls, I will give the url if I face this again.

I tried bank site with other browsers (chrome and firefox) and its working perfectly fine. With IE9, if I disable adobe falsh add-on everything is good. The moment I enable adobe flash IE start saying "Page cannot be diplayed".

I am pretty sure the combination of IE and adobe flash is causing the problem not the bank webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'd need to look at it with debugging tools to understand what's happening.

If you find a publicly-accessible URL where this is happening, I'd be more than happy to take a look.  You may also want to contact the bank's technical support. 

If they want to reach out to me directly, I'd be more than happy to work with them to investigate the issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I moved to windows 8, I may not be able to track the issue.

I am using IE10 now and not facing issue with the same. I will update this thread if I face any issue with IE10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on some brand new Dell Vostro 260 machines running 64-Bit Windows 7.  For accounts other than the built-in administrator (even other users in the administrator group) Internet Explorer 9 hangs for a very very long time when loading pages that utilize flash (such as youtube.com etc...).  The page usually loads after waiting minutes, sometimes the page never finishes fully loading.   Disabling the Adobe Flash Add-on takes care of the hang, but obviously nothing requiring Flash works with the add-on disabled.  This occurs in both versions of IE9 (32bit and 64bit). 

Here is more information about the systems.

Windows 7 64-bit with all Windows Updates.

Adobe Flash ActiveX Plugin:  11.4.402.287

Adobe Flash Plugin Version:  Not Installed

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1000.157 RU1

Java 7 Release Update 09

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also have a built-in Users group?  We do know that if the Users group is not present for some reason, that JavaScript->Flash interaction doesn't work. 

We attempt to detect and fix similar permission issues at install-time, but we may not be catching this particular case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a stock installed image from Dell.  The built-in users group exists and all users on the machine are part of it.  Interestingly, if I uninstall Adobe Flash and then reinstall it while logged on as one of the "broken" users then Adobe Flash works while logged in.  As soon as I reboot the computer, it's broken again.   The machine is not part of an Active Directory Domain.

I have also tried resetting all of the IE9 settings back to default (Tools->Internet Options->Advanced....Reset and Restore Advanced Settings). 

Is there some sort of debugging log I can enable or provide that might provide some additional information on what is happening?  Thanks

Update 4:22pm.   I also uninstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection and uninstalled Java.  No improvement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this one one of the busted users:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4323109

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie, I ran the reset_fp11/subinacl tools and it made no difference.  I have used that script lots of times in the past to fix problems where Flash won't install at all though. 

Any other ideas?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the problem seems to be resolved on my computers.  I don't have an explanation for why, but seemingly installing and then removing the Plugin version of Adobe Flash seems to have resolved the ActiveX plugin problems.

To simplify, here's what I did.   I was intending to try loading an older version of the ActiveX plugin.  I uninstalled Adobe Flash completely.   I downloaded the install package for Adobe Flash 11.3.300.262 and installed it and discovered that it was the Plugin version for Firefox etc.... which I don't need.  Ok, no big deal, I uninstalled the Plugin version.  I then reinstalled the newest ActiveX Adobe Flash (11.4.402.287) and voila, Internet Explorer 9 no longer hangs with the Adobe Flash plugin enabled.

So in a nutshell, I have no idea why it's working now for Internet Explorer, but the only thing I did was install and remove 11.3.300.262 of the Adobe Flash Plugin version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been seeing this for over a month.  We have a 90 PC network.  I normally will login to PCs with an Admin account and update Flash and Java once a month for people as I visit their PCs.  Starting about one or two months ago, after I did this, when users logged back in IE would hang and not display MSN for example.  I would assume it happens on any Flash enabled page, but most of our PCs default to MSN.  IT IS VERY ANNOYING! 

The solution I have found is to remove Flash 11.4.x and then login as the user.  I then elevate permissions and install Flash while logged into the user's profile.  For some reason this fixes the issue.  So the problem is obviously some type of permission issue during the Flash install.  Seems like a company the size of Adobe should be able to dedicate two folks to troubleshoot this in a few days.  At least it seems that should be the case.

This is only a problem on our Windows 7 x64 Pro PCs.  It does not appear to impact the few remaining XP users that we have.  Also, to clarify, the problem occurs if I update Flash as a local admin and not the user of the PC, even though I need to elevate the install perms to the same user that I can also login and install as.  Pretty sure this only started happening with 11.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie/Chris-

Appreciate the effort to create this util, but this isn't a valid solution.  Up until 11.3, there was no issue installing Flash regardless of the user profile that you were logged in as.  That obviously changed in one of the 11.4 builds.  Considering Flash is one of the MOST attacked and exploited pieces of code on user's PCs; as evidenced by all of the updates, these updates need to be quick and seemless without all of the extra steps which you are describing.  Please dedicate some staff to review the code and figure out where the permissions problem is so all of us can stop wasting our time with this issue.  Your installer should be able to write the necessary ACLs to eliminate this problem without having us jump through all of these extra hoops.

Again the problem stems from the fact that our users run as standard users and do not have rights to install software.  Keeps our network nice an clean for the most part.  Whenever staff visits a PC, they apply the latest version of Java and Flash using an admin account.  Until version 11.4 this worked fine.  Now if we are not logged in as the user (all accounts are in AD domain) it will appear to work fine, until the user logs back in.  The solution we have found is to uninstall Flash, login as user accout and install with elevated perms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dafollis - If you get a chance, could you give our 11.5 beta a try?  Some users have reported this fixed and I'd like to know if it helps with your situation.  If it still continues, does it make a difference if you uncheck "Enable Protected Mode" in the security tab of the system's Internet Options control panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris-

Tested with a brand new Win7 install. I had IE 9 installed but not all available Windows Updates. A fairly virgin machine from a windows updates standpoint.

Installing 11.4 logged in as Administrator caused the problem. Logging in as normal user with non-admin rights caused browser to hang.

I’m unable to remove “Enable Protected Mode” as it is enabled by Group Policy.

I am happy to report though that using the 11.5b installer appears to have resolved the issue. Whatever you changed works and I still have “Enable Protected Mode” enabled.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dafollis - Thank you for the follow up.  Does this still work properly for you with our 11.5 official release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have AVG 2013 antivirus and firewall isntalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've separated this out into it's own discussion, because it's different than the problem in the original thread.  Also, the original thread was too long and convoluted to be useful for troubleshooting or tracking this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines