Some issues with Presenter 8

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have some issues withe Presenter8:

Slide durations:

I want to set the duration to 0 sec when in the slide manager to the slide is set to "Advance by user" > "Yes".  (It can be set to under 0 sec, but it does not work, the slide duration is never less than 0.5 sec.)

Swf files:  

I have SWF files with audio and interactions, it appear different depending on how i choose to start the page (after i have published the course). Sometimes it starts as it should and somtimes it does not. I can't find out what triggers this. In "manage Swf" have ticked "Control using playbar"...

Quiz:

I also have quizes in my course, I have audio to each question and responce at each answer. The audio at the responces con not be stoped until the audiofile ends, the audio is still running if I click any other buttons or click next.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Anne S

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The default duration in presenter is 5 seconds and the minimum is 1 second.

Therefore any slide will play for a minimum of 1 sec even if you make the slide duration equal to 0.

Can I please know what exactly you want here?

Can you please be elaborate on the swf files? Is the audio an embedded audio in the swf?

Or the audio is inserted on the slides?

Similarly is the audio imported on quiz slide? Do you want an audio when the answer is right and wrong? Or is the audio itself the question?

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for your responce.

The swf file has embedded audio. The audio is not inserted on the slide.

In the quiz I want several audios, one at the quiestion, and one on each answer. It is possible to set audio to each answer (Multiple choice question)  if I choose the "Advanced answer options"

I can send you the powerpoint file and package if you want...

I also have another question for you: When i publish the file to a server and i have downloaded the PresenterApp to my iPad, I can use the course on my iPad, but there are many thing that does not work with the app. for example: quizes does not work, glossary does not work, and swf files embedded in the course does not work... Is that correct or do you have any solutions to this?

Regards

Anne Siv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It would be good If you can send me the presentation

The presenter mobile app does not support any swf content since Ipad does not support flash. Interactions being a swf is not supported

In quizzes we support only MCQ and true-false. we are currently adding more features to the presenter app.

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it is frustrating that with Presneter 7 and older, the slide durration could be set to 0, for slides with interactive content. This kept the play bar from showing a false sense of urgnecy to the user (i.e. falsely indicating that the user has only 5 seconds to complete the interactive content).

Not a deal breaker, but frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you the presentation and package with acrobat.com

There is another issue as well: The hyperlinks at slide 16, does not work once published….

Anne Siv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both  IE and  Chrome.

Anne Siv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested on IE and it is working for me

Is it working for you?

Have you set flash global security settings in IE? Can you please add C:\ to flash global security and check?

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is working? Everything, or just the links?

Anne Siv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne

Am asking about the hyperlinks issue.

Are the hyperlinks working in IE?

Also please log a case with the techsupport so that it will be easier be easier to follow the status of the bug.

thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm, no they don't.

I've tried FireFox, Chrome, and IE

If it works for you, I might need to ask our it-department then.

Thanks

Anne Siv

Our IT-dep solved this. Thank you

Anne Siv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources