• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE 9 hang on latest Flash version 11.5.502.110. Working on beta 11.5.500.104...

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue on my new three machines. Clean Windows 7 32bit OS with latest SP and IE9 (lastest updates). Adobe Reader, Flash, Shockwave, AIR, QT, RealPlayer, Java 7.

When running webpages on Admin local account everything works fine. When I switch do any domain account IE 9 hangs.

I've tried the same on flash version 11.5.500.104 (older) and everything was working fine (I test this many times now). Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Regards,

Update....

Even on local accounts flash is hanging IE. The same on machine not binded to domain.

I'm going to install fresh Windows 7 with latest MS updates, IE 9 and only with flash to check this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you notice any change if you go into the Internet Options control panel and uncheck "Enable Protected Mode" in the security tab?  You might have to restart the browser for the change to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I disable Protected Mode flash is working fine.

Anyway I don't want to do this because of security issues. Do you have other solution?

UPDATE

The same issue on clean Windows 7 32bit Enterpise Ed.. with latest SP and updates. I only added flash to IE 9

For me it means that this is global issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something we're investigating.  We had heard reports that this was resolved during the 11.5 beta but it appears that this isn't the case for all users.

On your clean win 7 system, is it only the standard user account that is effected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys!

Today I discover something.

When I install flash on machine using domain admin account it's working also on other domain accounts (computer added to domain).

If I install flash on local admin account it's not working on any other accounts (local or domain).

Maybe this will help you more?

I think that this test you can do very fast. If you have AD in your env. (I guess you have) you can:

1. Uninstall flash

2. Install flash on local admin

3. Login to domain (domain account) and check IE 9 with flash (my testing page www.wp.pl or www.onet.pl)

You will see that prage is loading very very long (I stop checking after 2 minutes..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mahoney26 - Thanks for the details, this is excellent information.  I would like to encourage everyone on this thread to take a minute to add a comment and vote to the following bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3321659

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me when you are planning to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put in my vote for the bug but I can tell you now this is a huge problem for enterprise customers who are updating Flash. This has been an issue for us that last couple of months with several dozen cases. It is a huge time waster and only adds to some people's distaste for Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had heard reports from other customers that this was fixed in one of the previous 11.5 betas (and the 11.5 release).  Is this occurring with either the released version of 11.5 or our latest 11.5 beta?  We've been unable to reproduce this internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Chris,

i wanted to chip in as i have been experiencing issues on my machine as well with IE9 since i think, the last update.

actually i noticed that www.speedtest.net was not working anymore on IE9, i sent an email to their support but now the issue is with flash. the website works OK with chrome and firefox.

things i tried (admin account):

- uninstall flash completely with uninstall_flash_player.exe and also with the add/remove programs, nothing happened

- reinstalled install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe, nothing changed

- resetted IE9 to default with the "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" somebody suggested

- after using the uninstall file, i cleaned my registry

- deleted "Flash" folder under %appdata%\Adobe and %appdata%\Macromedia

i ran the uninstall file several files, then restarted and reinstalled, what happens is that Chrome always works (as flash is built-in), Firefox works when the plugin is installed (correctly), but nothing anymore in IE9.

the strange thing is that it was always working fine, i cant tell what happened, probably when i upgraded flash to the latest version.

when i reinstall flash, if i open this http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html with either chrome and firefox, they correctly populate the version number. with IE, the box at the top remains grey (no errors reported), and the other section is empty as well.

My PC

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

IE9

Firefox 17.0.1

Chrome 23.0.1271.95

i am glad is a global issue and not related with my PC as i just spent 2 hours on this.

thanks

Gabrio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further troubleshooting:

cleaned everything again with the uninstaller, then opened the download adobe website from firefox so i got a different file this time, installed it, then checked IE9, not working BUT surprisingly, also Firefox NOT working.

in add-remove programs, windows reports Adobe Flash Player Plugin , version 11.5.502.110.

then loaded again firefox, say youtube, and firefox says he needs a plug-in, once i let him doing his thing, then restart, works as a charm.

back to IE9, on adobe download site, download another file, then restart, NOT working, and in add-remove programs now i have also Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX, version 11.5.502.110.

now when i go to youtube with IE9, there is no Error however the ad space where i should have a flash clip, remains blank. www.speedtest.net has all blank spaces where the app should load and the ads.

something interesting though, certain sites with flash now are working via IE9, for example http://www.canto.com/en/docs/flash/sites-demo/index.php or http://www.business-edge.com/solutions/flash.asp so i am really confused now.

thanks,

Gabrio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Chris, any idea on when a new version will be released to fix the IE9 issue many of us are experiencing?

thanks

gabrio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem on serveral PCs.  IE9 seems to crash when running flash videos, on a standard user (not an administrator).  The following has worked for me.

1. In Internet Options, choose the security tab and turn off protected mode.

2. Restart Internet Explorer, go the the Adobe web site and reinstall the latest version of Flash.

3. Turn Protected mode back on.

Everything now works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more trouble shooting

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Clothing/Men&aposs/Shirts_&_Pants/Men&ap...

flash object does NOT work, but as some other user pointed,

i can see flash here >> http://s7d5.scene7.com/is-viewers-3.8/flash/genericzoom.swf?serverUrl=http://vermontcountrystore.sce...

so when there is the EMBED function, that's when it doesn't work....

Gabrio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

further confirmation of the above thesis, from your test url http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html, nothing shows up BUT if i fire up

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player/_jcr_content/main-p... after doing a bit of Sherlock Homes job in the code, it works (horrible and massive in the screen but it works indeed).

and hey i can also see my Flash version now : http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player/_jcr_content/main-p...

guys can you please check so we at least shed some light?

is this giving any help to find out the problem?

thanks

Gabrio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROGRESS (i think)

i was playing around with settings, and i noticed that my aero peek on IE9 was not working properly anymore for some reason (showing the first tab only, the others all blank).. so i thought it may be something with the video card... then i went to IE's settings >> accelerated graphics >> and i enabled "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" and GUESS WHAT?? Flash now works on all sites!!!!IE9.png

since i am a laptop, on 2 video cards, and usually using the Intel HD video card, i forced the AMD card, but unless i enabled option above, flash didn't work... so now.....is it a flash issue? video card or IE's???? confused..

and goodnight for now!

Gabrio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello  ! just for information i have tested the new beta release 11.5.502.131 and the problem was solved ! Whit the release 11.5.502.110 i have problem  but with the new beta 11.5.502.131 is working fine ! Is possible to know the release date ? When is possible to download the new software ? thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news! I'm waiting to check this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BREAKING NEWS

hello everyone,

after many hours of testing, i have been able to isolate this "weird" issue, at least on my HP Pavilion DV6, just for the note, my hardware is ATI Radeon HD6490 + Intel HD3000 for starting with.

apparently the issue that flash would not work only affected my pc when i would have enabled the "dynamic" video card switch, and in that specific, there was some sort of conflict between the ATI video driver, the intel HD video driver and flash, in specific though i don't know exactly what.

i started to wonder when i enabled "fixed" video card, just with the radeon, flash was working, regardless of forcing "use software rendering" but not with the "dynamic" option.

with the dynamic option i could open the flash object but the EMBED would crash something, that is for example www.speedtest.net

now i have made a TOTAL cleanup of the ATI and Intel HD video drivers, by using a program called driver fusion, then while you uninstall the ATI and Intel drivers, if you load any flash site, it will work, and that was my conclusion that it was a video card drivers issue!

now, with a good cleanup, the very latest ATI + intel HD video drivers (i have installed the leshcat drivers since HP's are way too old and they do not update them), everything works as a charm, every flash website loads, so it's all good.

now,. i don't know if this applies to all users on the forum but certainly it did it for me. so the issue is possibly with OLD ATI drivers AND the latest version of flash. so CLEAN and INSTALL the latest, it will work.

ciao!

Gabrio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've wasted the morning on this.  I did a flash version update yesterday on my win7 system and also made sure my Account User Control was set to the default setting.  Now IE 9 hangs.  I have disabled the flash add on and IE 9 is running fine.

Vote on this?  This looks like a serious issue to me.  The only way I can get flash to work on IE 9 is to disable AUC, which I'm not about to do.  I'm just going to leave the add on disabled in IE 9.

Pretty amazed a bug like this can get released.  Who's testing this stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with IE9 hanging, thought i'd try installing IE10 to see if it was an IE 9 conflict but alas the same hanging issue which only is avoided by disabling the flash plugin. Not an ideal work around..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Every one,

iam chriss

The same issue on clean Windows 7. 32bit Enterpise Ed. with latest SP and updates. I only added flash to IE 9

For me it means that this is global issue.

Thanks

www.myniagaratours.com/private_tour.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My tech guy from our office says that Microsoft is funneling us to upgrade to windows 8, and thus the reasons so many problems from internet explorer's newer versions using flash. It is not Adobe, as why the other internet browsers work fine using flash. He is not sure what will happen, or if they will allow access at all. If i hear any new news of this trouble, i will update my post. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines