• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to reset brush tools

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop CS6. The eraser and brush tool is not working properly. I get a small dot on the page irrespective of the size of the eraser or brush that I select. Also I'm not sure if this is a feature of CS6. I've produced a graphic that involves a large number of layers, on past versions of photoshop if I needed to edit a layer I would select that layer and go to it on the page and edit it. On CS6 after I select the layer when I put my curser anywhere on the page it would automatically select the layer that I am touching, which is similar to Coral Draw or Illustrator. Is this correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Allen Togwell wrote:

I have photoshop CS6. The eraser and brush tool is not working properly.

Try resetting each problem tool by right-clicking where indicated by the red arrow and picking "Reset Tool" (or "Reset All Tools" for every Photoshop tool).

reset.png

On CS6 after I select the layer when I put my curser anywhere on the page it would automatically select the layer that I am touching

I guess you need to disable Auto-Select in Options bar when Move Tool is activated. Also, holding down Cmd/Ctrl key wil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to post this in the Photoshop forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/general

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allen Togwell wrote:

I have photoshop CS6. The eraser and brush tool is not working properly.

Try resetting each problem tool by right-clicking where indicated by the red arrow and picking "Reset Tool" (or "Reset All Tools" for every Photoshop tool).

reset.png

On CS6 after I select the layer when I put my curser anywhere on the page it would automatically select the layer that I am touching

I guess you need to disable Auto-Select in Options bar when Move Tool is activated. Also, holding down Cmd/Ctrl key will temporarily invert that setting (although the checkbox status will not change).

Screen shot 2012-11-10 at 21.46.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines