• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 has stopped working at launch

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Downloaded PS CS6 from Application Manager. Download and install seemed to go fine, but I can't start the program. Have downloaded and re-installed numerous times, and removed the previous installation before that.

My OS is Windows 7. I have had Adobe software installed, but removed (tried at least) everything when trying to get this work. Photoshop CS5 worked fine on this same setup. I get Windows error message when trying to start the program, and with problem details like this:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:     APPCRASH

Application Name:     Photoshop.exe

Application Version:     13.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:     4f61beba

Fault Module Name:     Photoshop.exe

Fault Module Version:     13.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:     4f61beba

Exception Code:     c000001d

Exception Offset:     012378bb

OS Version:     6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:     1035

Additional Information 1:     0a9e

Additional Information 2:     0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:     0a9e

Additional Information 4:     0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

EDIT: More info if needed:

My Windows 7 is Ultimate Edition, with Service Pack 1.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2.10GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 2,00 GB

System type: 32-bit

I got  57,1 GB free space on drive C, where I've installed the program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get this potential cause of "crash at launch" out of the way, make sure that you have the very latest video driver for your card/chip.

Also, as PS attempts to launch, there is a little line of text, telling what is being loaded. It goes by pretty quickly, but see if you can see the last line of text, before the Splash Screen disappears (assume that that is what happens?).

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, tried to check for new drivers for NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, (it's quite old really, might that be a problem), and the automated update states that the device is up to date.

I might have been unclear on this, but the launch never gets to splash screen. It's just.. doubleclick on the program icon, then error message. Not even a blip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice you are running 1.3.0.0

Download and update to 1.3.0.1 and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that Photoshop won't start, I was scratching my head how to advise Jsaarr to do that.  Do you recall how to run the updater directly, Gene?

I guess there's always the possibility of visiting:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to edit my post with the link to the updates page, Noel.  But since you got it...

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you for your help. I tried that update, it stated to have updated succesfully, but the problem still remains. I find it odd by the way, when installing the update it read to be version 13.0.1.1., and there it says 13.0.1.0.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:     APPCRASH

Application Name:     Photoshop.exe

Application Version:     13.0.1.0

Application Timestamp:     5022da52

Fault Module Name:     Photoshop.exe

Fault Module Version:     13.0.1.0

Fault Module Timestamp:     5022da52

Exception Code:     c000001d

Exception Offset:     01238e9b

OS Version:     6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:     1035

Additional Information 1:     0a9e

Additional Information 2:     0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:     0a9e

Additional Information 4:     0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jsaarr wrote:

I find it odd by the way, when installing the update it read to be version 13.0.1.1., and there it says 13.0.1.0.

That's expected:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4738049

I'm sorry the update didn't help, but you know Adobe will require you to update to the latest once you engage them.

I think an Adobe engineer is going to have to weigh in here   There was once a problem just like this reported (same c000001d error code), but I thought Adobe had fixed it.  See also:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/630771

I hope the answer doesn't turn out to be "you can't run Photoshop on that old Athlon processor."

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear.. Well, I thought I'd contact an expert on Adobe help, but I don't feel comfortable giving my street address. I suppose the engineers mentioned don't read these discussions? Or..

I tried to search for a driver update for my Athlon processor, but like I thought, it seems I already got the latest. The "latest", that is.

Ah well, I suppose I'll just install my trusty CS5 back for now at least, so I can get on with work. It's kind of a relief to hear the problem just might be with Adobe, and/or my hardware. That means I can't do much about it right now, if it's not about my software settings or remains of old Adobe installations. That always seemed to be the problem whenever I had trouble installing new stuff.

It's kinda sad though, I was already really excited about CS6, had loaned even two books about it from the library. I quess I'll return them and get stuff on CS5, there's pretty sure to be some stuff I didn't know about it. I'll get you some day, CS6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe engineers have been seen in these parts; hopefully one will stop by.  I don't think you'll need to provide a street address to get help.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm keeping my thumbs up and this link saved. But it still just seems this won't have a working solution by weekend, and I got deadlines ahead. I'll be damn sure to dash over to trial downloads if something new comes up here! Thanks a ton for your help guys, it didn't even occur to me the problem may lay elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a possibility that Photoshop's Preferences files may be corrupt the Photoshop process may also be stuck and hanging around.

Start  your windows task manager use its processes tab make sure Photoshop.EXE is not hanging in there if it is kill it end the process.  You can leave the task manager up so you can watch what happens next.

Next double click on the shortcut that you use to start Photoshop and immediately press and hold these keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt.   See if you get the Prompt from Photoshop asking if you want to delete your preferences. If you do reply delete them Photoshop may start then.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same situation. Can help me, thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having this same problem and i have no idea what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines