Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sending a filled PDF form via eMail or saving it => empty form. How can I fix this problem?

Level 1

Hello Adobe forum,

I have a problem with a self created PDF form a colleague. He has created it with Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 and saved it as PDF.

We can open the file, fill out the form and klick on "Send eMail": The eMail program pops up with a PDF attachement and we can send it. But if the recipient opens the PDF file, all fields are emty. Same problem occur if we save the PDF file after filling out: empty fields in form.

Here is the XLM Source form the send mail button:

<submit format="pdf" target="mailto:info@example.com?PDF form" textEncoding="UTF-8" xdpContent="xfdf template"/>

And I have already set the user rigths option in Acrobat (not the reader): Click "advanced" from the main toolbar at the top of the screen, and then "Enable Usage Rights" for Adobe Reader and save as a PDF file.

What can I do to get it work?

Best Regards,

Ralf

3 Replies

Level 6

Empty fields tend to be indicative of someone using "Apple Preview" on Mac vs Adobe Reader or Acrobat on Mac.

To rule out some of the issues...was the file sent form a Mac or PC?

Are oyu sure you're using Adobe Reader/Acrobat to complete the form vs any other third-party PDF viewer?

Level 1

Hello,

yes we are using Adobe Reader / Acrobat on Windows XP / 7. We don't use a third party pdf product.

I have repeated the following YouTube video and the PDF file in the email is emty (you can see the form but without the filled in text):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtU2mnQZlW0

Is it possible that the Adobe Product wants to connect to Adobe server to enable the feature if I save the file? We don't have a direct internet connection - we have to use a http proxy with authentication.

Best Regards,

Ralf

Level 1

Hello again,

I have solved the problem!

The reason why it was not saved/emailed: All fields to fill out where in the master site structure (hierarchy). And every field that is on master site can't be saved/emailed and is empty at the destination point.

After moving all fields to a new subtree at hierarchy (outside of master site tree), everything is working fine! Now the master site window/preview is empty and there are only fields at the design view.

I don't know why this is happening. Could anyone explain this behavior to me?

Best Regards and have a nice weekend,

Ralf